• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Number 2 in RAC??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Did Rosetta change their WU's or something? It seems to me project wide that every-bodies RAC is dropping. Looking at other teams it seems that no one is safe from this?? :screwy::shrug:

Not sure what it is exactly, but production and claimed credit tend to take a nosedive accross the board from time to time.
I'm happy to report that my machine has been at 100% load for the last two days and has already regained 300pts in RAC. Hopefully my issues are over with.

There was a change in the BOINC code for how credit is claimed and granted; it was implemented in June 2010, but it still hasn't fully transitioned in yet. SETI is seeing the effects, too. In theory, assuming projects go with it, we will see *much* better device neutrality cross-projects. The goal (much like it was at the start) is to have approximately the same credit per host-hour of crunch time, averaged across all hosts. This means that some projects that are under-claiming credit will be boosted, and projects that are vastly over claiming (MilkyWay@home, mainly) should see significant decreases in RAC.

You can read about the history of the credit system, including its current implementation here. :)

Back