• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia and AMD card in one system, help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

So I'm trying to run a 5700 XT along with a GT 710 in one system and am not having any luck at all.

The system recognizes both cards, in fact, at boot up for some reason it uses the GT 710 during post (even though its a PCIe x1 card in a x1 slot), and then switches to the 5700 XT in the primary x16 graphics slot, before locking up. Afterwards, it won't boot into Windows 10 at all, just displaying a blank screen on both cards, and this is before even installing any drivers for the GT 710 (the 5700 XT is already installed and running).

I've tried moving the GT 710 between 2 different x1 slots I have available, I've installed the drivers in safe mode and tried to boot normally, I've gone into the bios and tried to manually set the PCIe Generation settings, and nothing seems to work or change how the system works when both cards are in the system. I'm at a loss here trying to get this setup to work.

Anyone running a Nvidia with AMD video cards in the same system?

IIRC this is not currently supported by any Windows system. IIRC you can get around this by running the machine as multiple VM's but that has to be setup before installing the video cards. We have several F@H users that have run AMD and Nvidia cards under Linux in the same system. I can tell you - Linux is NOT Windows and drivers/support cannot be equally compared.

Back