• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC: X6 1075T BE on Gigabyte 970A UD3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tried 20-30 min Stress-Test followed by 2-3 hrs of gaming.
I agree with Ray, gaming isn't a good enough stress test. It's your rig so if it's good for you then it's good. That said, for me 2 hours prime blend is stable, if I can pass that I can throw anything I want at my rig and it doesn't skip a beat.

If your rig is truly stable with the RAM at 1680 mhz then I would leave the setting in bios alone but as we have said you would do well to give it a longer stress test in Prime.

I'm surprised you aren't getting better temps with that cooler. You might try redoing the TIM application (Thermal Interface Material, the goop you put between the cooler base and the CPU). Clean the old off well with paper coffee filters (they don't leave lint like tissues and other softer kinds of papter) and some isopropyl alcohol. Then put a blob in the center of the CPU face about the size of a pea. Don't spread it. Just lower the cooler and clamp it down, tightening the screws on each side a little at a time to get even pressure. The mounting pressure should spread the TIM evenly without introducing bubbles or skin oil from your finger. Also, that Thermalright Macho is quite thick from front to back and may really benefit from attaching a pull fan on the backside of the cooler fin block. It looks like is symmetrically configured and that it would be easy to do that if you have enough clearance at the back of the case.

Also, please create a Signature. The Signature contains information about your system in some detail and travels with every post you make. This is a handy, quick reference for those helping you and is a common courtesy on the forum. Click on "Settings" at the top of the page and then "My Settings" on the left hand side of the next page and then click on "Edit Signature".

Last edited:
isopropyl alcohol = 99% or better. Most of the drugstore variety has stuff in it for keeping the hands from drying out or other oily stuff you don't want on the face of your cpu or cooler. Heck as 'trents' said we are even trying to keep the oil from our hands from getting on the cooler surface.
RGone...ster.

2 hr stress test passed. Here are the results. I would say I can leave the RAM like that? :D

cpu.png memory.png ram1.png
HWMonitor.png

Thanks everyone for helping me so much!

Are these latest temps reflective of case with side panel removed?
Nope that temps were the avg after the 2 hr test. the 67C were just one time at the very beginning, after that more or less around 63C.

Next step will be an open case test like you guys said to see how my AC is working.

Last edited:
What is the make and model of the case? Can you take a digital picture of the interior of the case and attach it? We may have some suggestions about wire/cable management and fan placement.

What is the make and model of the case? Can you take a digital picture of the interior of the case and attach it? We may have some suggestions about wire/cable management and fan placement.

Will update later today after work with more info. Sadly my PC crashed yesterday after around 2 hrs of gaming. Set the RAM back to normal. Everything works fine again! Will try to drop 1 by 1 next.

Raise tRCD to 9 and tRC to 34 and retest for failure of some sort. Crash etc.

Most ram in AMD rigs today has a pattern the is like this: 10, 11, 10 > 9, 10 , 9 > Wherein tRCD is almost always greater than CL and tRP.

Raise tRCD to 9 and tRC to 34 and retest for failure of some sort. Crash etc.

Most ram in AMD rigs today has a pattern the is like this: 10, 11, 10 > 9, 10 , 9 > Wherein tRCD is almost always greater than CL and tRP.

so you would say 8-9-8-24-34 @ 1680 mhz?

Back