• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing E8500 on a DFI DK P45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jake-O-Matic

Hello,

I'm pretty new to overclocking. Though I have been doing a lot of reading, I still need some help.

My setup:

CPU: E8500 (C0)
Mobo: DFI LanParty DK P45 T2RS
Mem: OCZ Reaper 1066 2x2Gb
PSU: Thermaltake ThoughPower 600W
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme + Scyth S-Flex 120mm 1200RPM fan
Graphics: Gigabyte HD 4870
Case: Thermaltake m5 with 2 120mm fans (currently open)

Goal:

Reaching the best stable 24/7 OC possible.

Currently, I've been able to get the CPU to 4Ghz (9.5x425) with vcore of 1.36V (sometimes dropping to 1.344 under load). The RAM is running at an FSB of 510Mhz (5-5-5-15) at 2.19v (haven't touched any other memory settings yet). The FSB VTT is 1.18V and the NB voltage is 1.15V. These settings are Prime95 stable for a few hours. The temp of the cores is around 54-61 (with at least 5 degrees difference between the cores) according to real temp. Speedfan's readings are usually about 10 degrees higher.

I tried to raise the FSB to 433 but the machine hung under load. I tried to lower the multiplier and increase the FSB (by a large margin) and the voltages and nothing good came out of it (most of the time, I failed the POST).

My question is, how do I proceed from here? I know I can get more out of this gear, especially out of the memory, but I just don't seem to be able to go over 425 FSB.

Any ideas to what settings I should try? What are the safe voltages? Which voltages/options should I tweak in order to get a higher FSB?

I am running close to the same thing, except I have the DFI Blood Iron P35 and I had to
drop my Multiplier 7.5 @ 533.23 MHz in order to get the ram to run at the correct speed.
My temps were running at about 40 and I took off the cooler to make sure I didn't have
too much paste on the bottom and I could not find the tube of paste to put new on. I
just reseated it and now my temps are 46 at idle. I have ordered Arctic Silver 5 Thermal
Compound and the same cooler that you have.

If someone can get us a copy of the form for the bios settings, I can fill it out for you and
you can see if you want to try any of them.

Last edited:
Can you tell me your Vcore, NB voltage and VTT voltage?

Also, is your E8500 C0 or E0 revision?

Sorry I'm bumping this thread, but I really need some help.

I can go nowhere above FSB of 433 with 9.5. I can't even boot Windows on 480x7.5 with high voltages. The computer is trying to boot and then it fails and then it opens up the booting diagnostics (where it shows what memory/cpu/HDDs it has found) and there's a message saying that the overclocking has failed and the FSB automatically drops to 333.

I've seen people on forums and in reviews easily OCing the FSB to 550+ on air cooling with a gear similar to mine. I don't need to go to such an extreme, but I'd at least like to get the FSB to 475 (to have 475x8.5= 4Ghz and have the memory timed at 1140mhz).

Please, any help would be appreciated.

I've tried cranking it up to 1.3825V and maybe even a bit higher. I also tried raising up the VTT up to 1.36V. I even mupped the VID to 1.44. (BTW, on those settings, sometimes I failed the POST)

I'm starting to think that either I have hit an FSB wall or that I'm doing something wrong in with the BIOS configurations. This BIOS really has too many settings.

Back