• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC-3700 Gold @ Cas 2 !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I grabbed Sean in AIM and he reinforced that this memory
is more relaxed latency in trade for higher FSB.

On the Canterwood FSB is the key to performance more so than
latency.

Think of it this way, the P4 is QUAD Pumped...so it's GOT the
memory bandwidth to handle the processor IO. But on the
slimmer AMD platforms, every little memory tweak to get every
little bit of bandwidth helps because it's being strangled by it's
bandwidth.

Not that high FSB won't help an AMD too, but it's just more
sensitive to memory timeings then a P4 setup.

I'm going to wait a bit and hope that I find some better pricing
on the OCZ Gold. I've got two canterwood boards I'd like to try
it out on!

Yeah, that is a good question. Single sided memory like my
Hyper-X 3200 generally overclocks better then double sided.

Less chips=Less chance of issues

My Hyper-X 3200 does around 217FSB at 5-2-2 CAS 2.0!
But unfortunately I can't find a second one to run Dual Channel
reliably.

SeanOMatic said:
Hey guys!

Our single-stick Gold Series 256 MB is 85 dollars at ExcaliberPC.

There is no such thing as 512 MB Gold Series at this point. The 512MB for 220 is for 2x256 MB sticks.

Is the part # on these OCZ433256EL?

mcortz_2000 said:

No, these gold kits are 2 x 256 pc-3700/ddr466 using 2,3,3,7 with the warranty covering up to 2.9volts........

Read the quote from my post. He is not talking about the 3700. The only Gold memory OCZ has out are the 3700. The ones I think he is talking about are PC3500EL. These come with gold HS on them. They are not dual channel chips.

Our single-stick Gold Series 256 MB is 85 dollars at ExcaliberPC.

Key words are *single-stick and 85 dollars*. To make 512 meg you have to buy 2 of them and they do not come like the dual channel memory does. They come in 2 different packages. Not 1 package like the dual kits come. They are called OCZ Enhanced Latency Series.

fords8 said:

Read the quote from my post. He is not talking about the 3700. The only Gold memory OCZ has out are the 3700. The ones I think he is talking about are PC3500EL. These come with gold HS on them. They are not dual channel chips.

Key words are *single-stick and 85 dollars*. To make 512 meg you have to buy 2 of them and they do not come like the dual channel memory does. They come in 2 different packages. Not 1 package like the dual kits come. They are called OCZ Enhanced Latency Series. And LOL 85 bucks for the Gold that just came out.

The gold series kits are also sold individually and from what i checked excalibur pc is selling the pc-3700 gold single modules for $85, the kit being the 2 of the same modules, just pre-checked to run reliably in DC mode...

EspElement said:
well, its a R9700 Pro one of the best..... it was fine before i installed this memory then, it just shows diff colored charactors on the screen and it wont let me boot (like i mean squares and things, all over the screen) tried our backup geforce 3.....magicly it worked.... without the cosiar, that is.....
i am never tring this again.....cosiar is evil

I doubt the Corsair is at fault. If you didn't take the R9700 out while installing the memory that could explain the problem. Sometimes when the memory clip is snapped back it can cause damage to the video card(if it's long enough). This was the case with the 8RDA+ due to bad layout/design. More info here. http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146865

batboy said:
I have yet to see any vendor selling this new OCZ PC3700 Gold.

Directron has it now, and even NewEgg, but it's alomost 200$ for a 512MB dual channel kit.

HWF said:
Does any one know if the new gold dual memory from OCZ is dual sided or single sided?

I think it's single sided, this is the way to reach those insane speeds ;)
512MB modules will probably be single sided as well.

i placed my order today. my setup can reach ddr 500 with the 3:4 ratio and my cpu is stable at those speeds. if my chipset can dish it out this memory will hopefully take it. the cpu is ready and waiting

Back