• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC-3700 Gold @ Cas 2 !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm, the numbers in that review aren't too impressive.

Here is my DFI Canterwood board with Corsair XMS for
comparison:

280X12.jpg

Yes, you read that right...DFI

Lonely Raven said:
Hmm, the numbers in that review aren't too impressive.

Here is my DFI Canterwood board with Corsair XMS for
comparison:

280X12.jpg

Yes, you read that right...DFI

What timings are you running and what ratio?

Keep in mind PAT was not there due to the board being a Asus P4P800.

Also, the review was with a FSB of 275 at 1:1 using a 2.6C. Your FSB is at 280+ which will definately boost your score.

Edit: A few peeps from the thread below have been hitting DDR550 :eek: Unstable though at 2.85v. Imagine that with 3.0v!

http://www.asusboards.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=45903&perpage=15&pagenumber=8

Heres another, supposedly stable

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13834

Last edited:
Don't buy anything OCZ (and Geil), they screwed the overclocking community very badly in the past.

They don't deserve a penny from us now.

Malakai said:
Don't buy anything OCZ (and Geil), they screwed the overclocking community very badly in the past.

They don't deserve a penny from us now.

its wasent ocztechnologys that screwed it is was ozsystems, that was selling FAKE OCZ ram

Sorry, I should have been clear as to what my timings were.

I was running 280FSB, but my ratio was 5:4 which puts me
around 220FSB I think. And my timings were 8-4-4 CAS 2.5
I could probably run the tests again if you'd like.

The memory was Corsair XMS 3200-LL TwinX 2X256 and they
SUCK on my AMD boards (where OCZ kicked *** at 225FSB out
of a PC-3200 stick!!), but this Corsair just seems to match up
with my DFI Canterwood!!

Which brings me back to my point. If he's running 275FSB
at a 1:1 ratio and at better timings, how come he hasn't broken
6000 in the Buffered Test?

Bump.

So anyone got their hands on this memory yet?

I'm still holding off for a bit, and I've grabbed some Twinmos
3700 in the mean time.

Check out XS forums, a lot fo guys there have this RAM.
Mine should have been here a wekk or more ago if it wasn't for those stupids at customs :(

Gods_oMekone said:
ok people PLEASE QUIT BASHING OCZ, i now have 3 sticks of the pc3500el ram and they are running at 440 5-2-2-2 DC WITH 3 STICKS!@!@, OCZ makes good memory, just most are buyst twards corsar, people who never evin tryed ocz bash it and say corsar is better. most of the people who have problems with there OCZ, is caused buy other things ie vdd volts.
the old ocz pc3200 and down is no good and chocked full of fake modules all over (ocsystems faked ocz ram). so go for the new EL its cheep and you wont be dissopointed. if you get a bad module call ocz speek to "ryan" he will get you a great working stick to your house in days

bought it, tried it, sent it back.

I bought some OCZ 2x256mb dual 3500LL for my 8RDA+. wouldn't run stable at all over 185fps, I tried everything so I went to swap it and was told by OCZ that it was my epox limiting it and they would happily refund me but saw no point in replacing it as they believed it was my m/b. I then bought some corsair twinX 2x256mb 3200EL worked straight away at 200fsb and 6-2-2-2

still coulda bin your motherboard, some boards work well with some ram, and dont work so well with other ram. did you try your sticks 1 at a time?

Yeah I understand that ram is m/b selective sometimes and yes both sticks acheived 200fsb when placed on their own but I bought this particular OCZ because it was hand picked and tested to work in dual conditions on a Nforce2 motherboard, even the generic PC2700 I had previously worked fine in dual conditions on this board. And my point is Corsair worked and OCZ didn't, you be the judge as to which one I would recommend.

batboy said:

Vmem in that screenie that I posted running at DDR470 was 2.8v. It would do DDR440 at 2.6v. I have not changed the "T1" timing, I left that on "auto".

ATTENTION:

For those of you wondering about when the OCZ PC3700 Gold will be released. I just got this from my source at OCZ.

As for the availability of OCZ Gold series memory, it still might be 2 weeks. The general way of releasing a new product, is first to PR it, send out review samples to get an idea of general public demand and acceptance, dually stocking the product for initial batch release at the same time. We are looking at releasing it hopefully the first week of June.

Just curious, Corsair encourages reviewers to go out and purchase a stick of their ram from a supplier of their choice to give readers the most accurate possible performance from what they would be buying. Does OCZ do this?

"The general way of releasing a new product, is first to PR it, send out review samples to get an idea of general public demand and acceptance" <-- Review samples differ from what the readers would get? (handpicked?)

Just curious, lookin to buying some new ram. :)

mrruckus, i have seen in several reviews the reviewers clearly stating that they recieved speciffic review samples, but i have not seen a single review on ocz gold. All i have seen are the resultrs from individual consumers that have bought and oc'd the mem. It seems to be top quality stuff at a pretty good price.

I am going to pick up 2x256mb of ocz gold for my pelt cooled comp. Not sure what mobo it is going to be yet though...ic7, is7, or p4p800. I think i will just randomly choose, they are all so damn nice!

Actually, I have received some OCZ Gold samples from OCZ and I see people on forums having better results than me :(

Alexandrus said:
Actually, I have received some OCZ Gold samples from OCZ and I see people on forums having better results than me :(

That is pretty funny. That could be attributed to any number of things, like better mobo or proc...or just better ram i guess. I don't think ocz needed to do to much hyping and pr reviews, they let the ram speak for themselves. I think they wanted to finally kill off all that "ocz is bad" crap that stupid people kept saying, and letting this product speak for them was the perfect way to do that.

Back