• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ phase kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmm
packages at UPS really dont get trashed...I worked there for a few months. They just get "thrown" around. soooo....
I dont know. **thinks** the problem is that the package probably isnt weighted correctly, so when it goes up a conveyor belt, and onto another one, it'll flip or something, or the employee will lift it above their head and the package will shift and do something similar.
I had something like that happen to me, a 50 lb package (lifting above the head) shifted and rolled over on my arm. Believe it or not, they fire you if you trash the package; see this equation:
package trashed = customer unhappy = no more business from said customer;
solution:
Fire the package trashers.

its just mostly the uniqueness of the package....(from what I've read), not really trashing

In the end I can see the shipping to be a huge impact on the final cost. I'm betting they didn't leave a large enough gap to cover reliable shipping cost. Simply because of this I can see the price nearing the $400 range.

$300-400 was the original pricepoint. Last I saw they were on schedule to meet that price. The unit is still in beta stage, chilly and the rest of the folks are still working on getting it done.

Yep, that's why I said more to the $400 range. Most people have been hoping around $300 but I see that not being the case sadly.

Also do you have a GTi? I just test drove one today and to bluntly state I'm impressed.

$300 - $400 for a phase unit still isn't bad when you compare it to others that is twice as much. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the final price is.

If I was considering packing to a serious buyer (like OCers here) I would consider wooden crates and bolting though the condensors mounts into the crate.
now this would stink for OCZ.. they wouldnt likely want there customers to have to replace the mounting bolts even if they were included with instructions.

Shipping these things just reeks.. how does FedEx do? they have a better rep. with shipping hard to handle packages.

Back