• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, anyone in New Mexico who can load Seti for us on this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If only :p

I was looking on the SETI forums a while ago and worked out that this beast uses a sniff under 2.66million Watts per second, if it was running at full capacity. And thats without the insane cooling thats required to keep it from turning into a mininova :p

Seriously cool though, too bad its being used mainly as a nuclear weapons research pc :( Boo nuclear!

EDIT: rephrase, boo nuclear weapons :p if it was used for constructive purposes, like clean nuclear power etc, then woo!
EDIT2: Guy on the video claims 1.5petaflops.. wiki says 1.026.. hmm.. inclined to believe wiki tbh >_<

Last edited:
And one day, you will have this power on your desktop. Imagine that.

[Irish Accent] Aye, 'twill be a glorious dae for us overclockers[/Irish]

Mm, cant wait. Moore's Law is definitely an interesting one. Makes me wonder what PCs are going to be like in 50years time.. I mean, compare how far we have come in the last 50 years with how far we have come in the last 10.. its insane.

I copied another article on the Roadrunner - it's got my :):thup:

Mm, cant wait. Moore's Law is definitely an interesting one. Makes me wonder what PCs are going to be like in 50years time.. I mean, compare how far we have come in the last 50 years with how far we have come in the last 10.. its insane.
Until they finally get a voice interface worked out I'll stick to desktops and hard-line phones ... ;)

any physics teachers or CPA's want to field this one?

If only :p

I was looking on the SETI forums a while ago and worked out that this beast uses a sniff under 2.66million Watts per second >_<

:chair: ummm... to steal from the Princess Bride, "I do not think that means what you think it means."

Watts per second isn't a rate, it's a billing quantity. And kind of a unique one at that.

I don't know exactly how many floating point operations that sucker can do per second, but likely its nearly one flop per clock cycle, so if i am not mistaken: 1,000 trillion operations per second on that thing is still more flops per second than all of us crunchers across the globe per second.

Freakin' fast... serious RAC

64 core quantum CPU, 64 GQ (GigaQuad) memory, hundred petaquad optical storage with 0 load time, 0 latency, and near infinity MTBF, voice based interface, holograph display, Windows 15 whose BSoD comes with an animated paperclip offering advice, can do about 1 billion DAC, all for less than the cost of used car today. :D

That computer by IBM is huge if it needs 21 trucks to deliver it. Does it come with a dedicated engineer like Cray computer used to?

:chair: ummm... to steal from the Princess Bride, "I do not think that means what you think it means."

Watts per second isn't a rate, it's a billing quantity. And kind of a unique one at that.

Yeah it is a measurement of energy commonly used for billing by power companys. It is shown normally in kW h (kilowatts times hour(s)) not kW/h (kilowatts per hour).

Substitute the kW with MW and h with s. 2.66 Mw s.

If my math is correct there are 3600s in an hour. So multiply by 3600 and you get: 9576 Mw h or 9.576 Gw h (gigawatt hrs)..

hmmm now all we need is a flux capacitor :D

Back