• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMFG!!! Just got 2405FPW!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How is the gaming performance on the 2405? I'm considering purchasing a 2005 when I can get ahold of a coupon code for it. I just can't stomach anything with the name of "dell" or any pre-packaged computer maker on my desktop. I'd never hear the end of it.

RedDragonXXX said:
I'm saving my money for Gateway FPD2185W 21"

thats one sweet monitor, we have themat work and they are so nice on the eyes, lots of inputs as well i think they were on for 699 or so, good deal regular 799.

they do tilt to theside a bit like the dell though when higher up, but when they are lower there are on probelms :) hope you pick it uop ;)

KingFish said:
How is the gaming performance on the 2405? I'm considering purchasing a 2005 when I can get ahold of a coupon code for it. I just can't stomach anything with the name of "dell" or any pre-packaged computer maker on my desktop. I'd never hear the end of it.

i was the same way but i was so impressed with the 2005fpw i bought a 1704 to sit next to it. hell id even gone so far as to pay like 130$ more for a viewsonic vp201b instead of a 2001fp previously but i overcame my dislike for dell when i saw how nice the monitors were (and the fact that they use the same panel and sell for much cheaper never hurts either)

for 879 shipped at costco this is still one sweet monitor. the extra peripherals still make it one of the best monitors out there for the price in my view. hopefully the new 30" will be getting the extra add-ons that the 24" has , otherwise i feel its just too overpriced.

DDR-PIII said:
thats one sweet monitor, we have themat work and they are so nice on the eyes, lots of inputs as well i think they were on for 699 or so, good deal regular 799.

they do tilt to theside a bit like the dell though when higher up, but when they are lower there are on probelms :) hope you pick it uop ;)

Yea I almost bought that one, but I changed my mind and got this beauty instead;

and just recently replaced my old Pioneer receiver with new Pioneer 700W 7.1 SX-815-K;

Surround sound, sounds crazy :attn:

I just placed an order for my 2405FPW... I called and got a bit of a discount..... I got a 5 year warranty and free shipping and testing all for $858..... not TOO bad....I can't wait till it comes; most of my system will be here tomorrow! :)

www.deviantart.com has some 1920x1200 wallpapers too, goto the wallperps and HDTV/widescreen. You'll find a lot of 1680x1050 and 1920x1200's

and as fonda said, it's spectacular!

RedDragonXXX said:
Yea I almost bought that one, but I changed my mind and got this beauty instead;

and just recently replaced my old Pioneer receiver with new Pioneer 700W 7.1 SX-815-K;

Surround sound, sounds crazy :attn:

wow how much did you pay for that screen

I can't believe this thread is still active... I got a GDM-FW900 and love it way more. CRT pwns LCD.

Herr Rogers said:
I can't believe this thread is still active... I got a GDM-FW900 and love it way more. CRT pwns LCD.

Yeah but some of us like the year 2006....not 1998 :p

LCD's are the future! Besides...as long as you get a good one (and the 2405fpw is) you're pretty well better off with an LCD...Far less space, less heat, less brain cancer, less eye strain, less broken backs moving your display around, DIGITAL input, and (in comparative sizes to the 2405FPW) PRICE...as the GDM-FW900 is like 2x the price

And with the GDM-FW900 specifically you loose 1.5" of screen....you don't really gain anything with resolution because you'll be hard up to find a graphics setup that will take advantage of 2304 x 1440 (in gaming anyway)

Now for a graphics person...the CRT still makes sense for color accuracy....but technology is catching up quickly and colors will be pretty well dead on with new techs. pretty soon.

Now please don't get me wrong....you have a VERY nice display there....heck not long ago I was against LCD's entirely...I thought they were rubbish for gaming...and I guess that a couple years ago they were...but like my main point here....." times are-a changin' "

So I would have to disagree with "CRT pwns LCD" :)

Oh and BTW I had to buy a membership to digitalblasphemy.com because he has some KILLER 1920x1200 (and all other sizes) wallpapers!
if you haven't ever been there I suggest you check it out! there's a free gallery too..... But there are WAAY more available if you pay (only $12 for 90 membership, or $25 for 1 Year) And, like I said, they are KICK ***!

Oh and to not get accused of thread hijacking: the 2405FPW ROCKS! (mine shipped today BTW!!!! WooooWHOOOOOOO)

Hmm, I hate all this talk of the 2405fpw, lol.

I have my 2005fpw for months now and all i want is a bigger panel.
The 2405fpw price over here is €1320.

That's $1600. Eh, noooooooo... :(

Back