• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OMG]Disturbingly hot laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

misternumberone

I have an ASUS A53SV, a 2011 laptop that's basically a K53SV in a different case, and it has a rather frightening temperature. here screens; at idle, with prime95 on, and shortly after closing prime95:all pics LAPTOP IS IN OPEN AND AIRY SPACE!!
it then stays at the disturbingly high temperature seen in pic #3 for a very long time afterward. I have reseated it all well with arctic silver 5, does not change. No overclock, it is stock clocks all. The high temps occur anytime I run something demanding, such as a benchmark or a game. Why does it run so hot? I do not understand, please tell me if you have an idea? If I let it get over two hundred fifteen degrees, it usually crashes. I held the laptop up in the air for this, it idles at about 75 on a table, and breaks if i run something demanding on it. I once put a bag of ice above the keyboard(no leak!) and it melted the ice bag within about 20 minutes with prime95 on and then broke. I do not want it to be this hot, please help?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Untitledt.png
    Untitledt.png
    78 KB · Views: 59
  • Untitlehhd.png
    Untitlehhd.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
My friends has a similar cpu, i7 quad core. the side exhaust burns.
Laptops haven't been made for high performance computing. Doesn't matter what label says

Well the things I would do it change out the thermal paste on the cpu/gpu and make sure your heat sinks are clean of dust and stuff. IC Diamond dropped my temps signifigantly on my clevo laptop i7 2670QM and 6990M they idle in the low 40's now.

make sure your heat sinks are clean of dust and stuff. IC Diamond dropped my temps significantly

This is a biggie.

4 cats decide to live here causing me to clean out my laptop vents once a month.

I also use IC Diamond, on both laptops in the house although the missus doesn't appreciate the awesomeness of it, and the temps have dropped by about 5-10c.

These guys have pretty much covered all the bases here.

You could also buy/build a cooling pad with fans.

Also, please, could you not use a different font? It looks kinda weird, and the first line is hard to read.

Like I said, I have done these things(except I use arctic silver) and it doesn't change anything. What disturbs me most is that it stays hot for so long after I turn off PM95-and that it so hot I could literally cook oatmeal on it.

You havent mentioned about checking the fan vents/heatsink fins.

Reset the bios to default, just to remove the possibility of a rouge setting that could cause it to get toasty.

I wonder if using a faulty or wrong powerpack/charger would cause this?

Back