• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

onboard AC97 sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if u have the onboard sound enable that. listen for a while. then install teh sb card. and listen to that which ever u hear as being better is the one u should use. i dont kno of something that would compare sound devices.

--jason

i don't mind if the sound quality is a bit bad.. but the strange thing is that the sound from onboard is so soft that i can hardly heard it ???

AWE32 vs AC97

If the sound blaster has creative chipset - AC97 better, if it vibra - i dont' know.

I have the same onboard sound you do, once you install the drivers for them you'll have a lot more features to them, but uh... I'd still say that paying the extra for a soundblaster card is better seeing as you're paying more for better quality, but I'm using the onboard sound because I use a headset and frankly I wouldn't be able to tell he difference.

i guess i have to buy a powered speaker...
can recommend me a cheap and good speaker?

sentme_mail said:
my speaker is a normal speaker, not powered by external source

Check in the controll panell under multimedia

Start/settings/Controll panel/Multimedia

in there is the volume controll & recording controll

from what ive read AC97 Codec is suposed to blow away emu10k

the only real reason that a sound blaster would be better is if you get the SB Platnum with the front face plate it has a nice headphone jack,spdif in/out, Midi in/out & Mic2 the headphone jack is very handy indead Cuz I can unplug it easily so that I can use my 5.1 speakers then when the ladys home I can Plug in my headphones & not listen to her nag about the loudness of the speakers :cool: :rolleyes:

i have a gigabyte board as well IHXP, i think you need to go to control panel or device manager go into properties & set the adio devive to quad speaker/sorround sound to enable that second output jack, also set the port to autosense if my memory isnt failing..then reboot..MB book has some literature on it, but vague for win2k

between Blaster AWE32 and AC97 ?
I would choose awe32 if you want to use the mic :)
I have ac97 GA board and it sux when using the Mic else it's decent. ( if you only want to playback)

You guys are really talking about the AWE32, not just pretending to be ? That things gotta be 10 years old now..

Back