• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opening "orphan" files?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vivek

I'm not sure if they're called orphan files..Anyways..I wanted to install a fresh copy of windows 7 on my main rig which had vista, but I wanted to back up about 60gb of data. I pulled out the hard drive from my second computer, and connected it to my main one. I backed everything up and put the hard drive back in the second computer. when i tried to open those files on my second computer, they weren't even there...how can i see these hidden files? any help will be appreciated..

How'd you back them up? Did you use a program, or just copy the whole drive, or ?

Do you have ownership of the files?

You might have to set your account on the second machine as an owner in order to see them. Just right click on the root folder/drive, and then select properties, and go to the security tab... should be in there some where

im running xp on the 2nd machine...it doesnt let me do what ur saying..i also checked the place where i pasted the files..they weren't there..i ran a search and it didn't come up with anything either...im beginning to think they're gone

Back