• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinion and suggestion for my current overclock on E6750 + IP35-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gakkuken

hi guys;

it's been a while since i build a new pc...just doesn't have much free time anymore.
below is the list of parts, that are in this build, and most of them were purchased due to rebate or cheap...etc

Intel E6750
Abit IP35-E
G.Skill 4GB 2x2GB 4-4-4-12 2.10v
Scythe Infinity 1000 cooler
BFG 8800GT OC
Samsung SATA DVD burner
Maxtor 320GB SATAII
Cooler Master 600W Extreme Power supply
Cooler Master Aluminum Case

ok, in the bios, the only changes i have made so far is running 2.1V for the memory at 5-5-5-15, and 1.4vcore (in bios, but only shows as 1.36v in cpuid). with these 2 settings, the pc will run stable at 3.6ghz w/o problem, but i can't get it to stable at 3.7 or above.

with that vcore, the temp that are showing in the core temp is 63-65 under 100% cpu load via prime95.

since this board only have passive heatsinks for the north and south bridges, i'm not sure how much voltage i can run on them.... any suggestion for me to tweak?

thanks

I'm not up on my air cooling knowledge, but 65C at 100% with only 1.36v actual seems a little high to me. Any chance your case airflow is bad? If you can manage the cooling and give this thing 1.45v or more you should expect a few 100mhz more out of it if I had to guess.

As far as that board goes, BIOS 15 gives the best overclocking results, however it comes at the cost of having the "dual-boot" error. Also the drop from 1.4 vcore to 136 vcore is your motherboards vdroop, part of Intel trying to conver their rear :rolleyes: Can you boot into Windows any higher, or does it totally refuse to even POST at a higher clock?

General tips for a good overclock:
Use FSB:RAM 1:1. In gigabyte ds3r terms, that means setting the SPD to 2. Anyway just get your memory 1:1. You can go ahead and run 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V.

General temps: try to stay at 60C full load in orthos.

Are you using coretemp? it's most accurate.

I've seen mods where ppl added fans to the north/south bridge to get that Mhz up.

thanks for the reply guys.

i dropped the vcore to 1.34vcore (in cupid), but it was 1.4vcore in bios, and core temp shows 63c at full load.

i can boot into windows at 3.8ghz, 3.9ghz with 1:1 ratio, at that voltage, but running prim95 won't last more than 1 hour before it gets a reboot.

since last night, the pc is stable at 3.6ghz with 4-4-4-12 at 1.34vcore.. 10+ hours now. so i guess not enough cooling to handle the higher vcore will make me stick at 3.6ghz for now.

thanks again

one quick question guys....

i'm using this set of memory... do i have a bad set of sticks or i'm asking too much? or even other voltage setting need to be adjusted?

G.Skill 4GB (2x 2GB) Dual Channel
F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK

with 2.2v, i can NOT run it at 475mhz w/ 5-5-5-15, 2T... needless to say, 4-4-4-12 won't even boot.

do i need to rma this set?

one quick question guys....

i'm using this set of memory... do i have a bad set of sticks or i'm asking too much? or even other voltage setting need to be adjusted?

G.Skill 4GB (2x 2GB) Dual Channel
F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK

with 2.2v, i can NOT run it at 475mhz w/ 5-5-5-15, 2T... needless to say, 4-4-4-12 won't even boot.

do i need to rma this set?

U're already overclocking your memory past 400. If it memtest passes then memory isn't faulty. Looks like you maxed your memory.

U're already overclocking your memory past 400. If it memtest passes then memory isn't faulty. Looks like you maxed your memory.

yea, i understand i'm oc the memory, but i'm just wondering if this the normal max for these type of ram. thanks!!

Typically, 2GB sticks don't OC that well. The D9 based 1GB sticks do very well.

Do your sticks run fine at 400MHz 4-4-4-12?

yea, i understand i'm oc the memory, but i'm just wondering if this the normal max for these type of ram. thanks!!

I'll be in the same boat soon too. I googled my memory to find out what the normal max is. PPL appear to be okay to overclock it by relaxing the timings and going to the max. rate for voltage.

Typically, 2GB sticks don't OC that well. The D9 based 1GB sticks do very well.

Do your sticks run fine at 400MHz 4-4-4-12?

yeah, it run perfect at 400MHz 4-4-4-12. now you reminded me about my patriot dual 2GB kit (2x 1GB) patriot PDC22G6400LLK, and they ran perfectly smooth....geez

if you want nice high speed 4gig kits there is only currenlty one on the market. the DDR2-1000 4gig kit from gskill, at stock voltage/timings they do ddr2-1066,from reading at xs. also with more voltage they do ddr2-1100+

as well with 2.2v if 5-5-5-15 isnt stable change the last set of timings 555-xx to 18. sometimes that can make a difference just need to mess with the timings.

I have pretty much the same setup (IP35-E, 6750, G.Skill 4GB PC2-6400 5-5-5-15 Dual Channel)

I have never adjusted the memory settings and see about 9 of them set to auto. How can I tell if my memory is running at the 5-5-5-15 specs? Can anyone with this set-up break down a nice config for the memory and CPU in noobie language :) Thanks.

Back