• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outpost 1.6 Duron/Mobo $39.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
check out the Duron Unlocking thread in the Cpu/AMD section, some good articles/how tos-

Hondo

I ordered two. One delivered to my friends house. Ill end up selling one on ebay after the market saturation goes away. I should be able to get like 80bucks out of it :).

Just a thought, but you, Quailane, mentioned you want to hit people for this. Do you mean because he bought a combo and is now selling it for profit?

- Jim

ThePCGuy said:
Just a thought, but you, Quailane, mentioned you want to hit people for this. Do you mean because he bought a combo and is now selling it for profit?

- Jim

That or the people that buy it for way too much, b/c they have no idea what they are doing

Seeing that people are willing to pay so much for such a little product, the lazyness of some people really makes me wonder - as i thought i was lazy!

ThePCGuy said:

- Jim

No, that I could smack some common sense into whoever bought it. I saw the lone processors going for $45 on ebay and the lone motherboards for only $20!!!!
They pay twice as much for something already on ebay for cheap!

If someone is willing to buy something that I sell, regardless of the price, it is their decision. If they are in fact happy with their purchase, than so be it. Business is about making profit. And in order to stay in business, you need to make a profit. The markup isn't so important. For example, a quick analogy here, you are in the market for a car and you find say a ford taurus for 12,000.00. It's a 2001 model with a decent amount of miles. If you buy it, then you made a decision to purchase a 2001 ford taurus for 12,000.00 dollars. Even if down the street the same car is 10,000.00 you decided to pay 12,000.00. People that say that someone was "screwed over" for buying something at a price they deemed acceptable need to realize and accept this. Making a purchase is a decision one makes, if I am selling something for 20.00 more than the next guy, you do not have to buy my item. That's business. I apologize if I come off sounding a bit harsh, but you, Mortis03, and Mr.Guvernment need to think about this.

- Jim

has anyone been able to flash the bios on this board? i got the combo but with the shipping bios it will only recognize the chip as 100mhz fsb. i clocked it up to 120 fsb in the bios but want to be able to set it at 166. i downloaded this bios bios but when i try to flash using the utility in dos it won't let me. any help would be great.
thanks

Just a thought, but does that board have a 100-133-166Mhz bus jumper? I'm still seeing quite a few new boards with this jumper.

- Jim

ya it has the jumper but whne i set it to 133 it wont even power on. really weird. im sure it's the bios though cause the current one is from 2002.

I have to rant about Outpost here. This is the third time I've ordered something from them and the third time it's been out of stock. I have no problem with me not getting an item because it's been sold out do to popularity, I have a problem with these d1ck$ not notifying me until 4 days later. Is their inventory tracking that **** poor? I'm sure glad I didn't order a case, power supply, or other items to go with this combo. Newegg doesn't have a problem keeping their site updated with proper inventory. OK, I'll step off my soapbox now.

I haven't gotten mine yet, but doesn't this board only support up to 133Mhz? I see a couple of people mention 166 but I don't think it'll go that fast.

My plan is to dump the board and buy a nice nForce2 model, but if it'll run at 166 then that would give me a decent OC on the CPU up to 2Ghz, which I would be happy with and probably forgo the nForce2 board.

Got mine today. I haven't set it up, but i'm pretty sure it's only 133Mhz...Box says the memory supported is DDR266.

Got this today as well... the mobo is still in the box but I used the duron to swap with a decent tbred at work. :D After a very short priming session the processor seemed stable at 2.0GHz with 1.65v (in an Asus A7V8X). Processor was week 38 of 2004, I forgot to check the full stepping before I installed it. :p. Now I've a crappy board I can put my ol' 1 GHz T-bird in. :)

ok guys i got it running and to tell u the truth it's not that bad at all for an extra internet and homework computer. when u run it with the jumper on 133, the cmos jumper has to be on pins 2 and 3. dont ask me why. then in the bios it has the option to run up to 165, however there are no voltage options. my chip is an mixjb which is a really bad oc'er but i have it running at 150 fsb prime stable overnight. so all in all not bad.

just looked at my combo after returning from a trip-

my Duron Stepping is-

DHD1600DLV1C MIXJB0438TPMW

I read somewhere that before week 40 the chips are not superlocked and unlocking the 256 L2 cache is possible.

I'm off to get the window defogger repair kit and magnifying glass to try this mod-

I'll report back either later today or tomorrow....

itshondo said:
just looked at my combo after returning from a trip-

my Duron Stepping is-

DHD1600DLV1C MIXJB0438TPMW

I read somewhere that before week 40 the chips are not superlocked and unlocking the 256 L2 cache is possible.

I'm off to get the window defogger repair kit and magnifying glass to try this mod-

I'll report back either later today or tomorrow....

Umm, that is week 40 of 2003!!!!! Plus, if it wan't superlocked, it was unlocked.

My stepping is MIXJB 0438TPMW

I'll check the stepping of the other duron tomorrow.

ThePCGuy said:
If someone is willing to buy something that I sell, regardless of the price, it is their decision. If they are in fact happy with their purchase, than so be it. Business is about making profit. And in order to stay in business, you need to make a profit. The markup isn't so important. For example, a quick analogy here, you are in the market for a car and you find say a ford taurus for 12,000.00. It's a 2001 model with a decent amount of miles. If you buy it, then you made a decision to purchase a 2001 ford taurus for 12,000.00 dollars. Even if down the street the same car is 10,000.00 you decided to pay 12,000.00. People that say that someone was "screwed over" for buying something at a price they deemed acceptable need to realize and accept this. Making a purchase is a decision one makes, if I am selling something for 20.00 more than the next guy, you do not have to buy my item. That's business. I apologize if I come off sounding a bit harsh, but you, Mortis03, and Mr.Guvernment need to think about this.

- Jim
Ok, but you can't deny that whoever bought it was ripped off big time, can you? I mean, that is the general consensus. In your analogy it was 10 vs 12 thousand dollars. In this case it is $47.50 versus $124.50

Last edited:
I got two....same steppings

Is there a way to pinmod it to get the extra cache?

Back