• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ssetre

I have a P4 2.0 Mobile.

It runs 245fsb perfectly primes for ever and ever. But the moment I touch 246fsb prime collapses in less than a minute.

My load temp is 46c max and the volts don't matter I've played with them all the way up to 1.675 I run at 1.6vcore just incase there is stability issues. My ram is running 5:4 or 196mhz. The agp/pci is locked, bootstrap set to 200, ram is at 2.76v, agp is at 1.6, ram booster is at auto, and disabled.

Any help? When prime is unstable the system will run 3dmark and run dvd's and Divx just fine in software mode. I am tempted to just set it to 300fsb and ramp the volts up and see if it works.

System Specs
P4M 2.0 C1 Step Northwood
Abit AI7 latest bios
2x Samsung PC3200 256mb 2.5-3-3-6
420w Silenx with Zalman Quiet 80mm fan keeping it cold. All rails are within spec actually a lil over.

according to what you say - it looks like you are at the limit of OC and thats the best you can get 245fsb.

hahaha I've tried 247,248,249,250,251.

I even tried 1:1 but I can only get my ram half ways boot. I heard that Abits had divider problems. Does anyone know whats what?

I don't think I am at my limit because it seems stable with everything other than prime. 3dm05's CPU tests is a great way to a hammer the ram/cpu. I beat an AXP thats only 400mhz slower than my cpu. I think with other things in the back round I score 705 on the cpu.

Back