• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL...

Well perhaps your parents also should have taught you that attitudes will get you nowhere in life... and that when asking others for help you need to show a little more respect.

Our hands are kinda tied if you're not able to reset the CMOS to start from scratch.

We have no other way of walking you through all the BIOS settings to help.

I'm sure that if your parents won't allow you to do the above... They probably wouldn't want you trying to OC the thing anyway.
Yes you are correct that my parents don't like me overclocking but I tell them its ok and that I know what I am doing
I always check my temperature before I do anything with overclocking
I did think of upgrading my processor to a Intel i5 or a i7 also getting money is no problem at all because I still have 40 euros in my wallet and I can request money for my birthday which is 9th of november and I will get about 100-120 euros for my birthday so then I have 160 euros and a Intel i5 2500K 3.3 GHz is 200 euros and I am sure my parents wont mind adding 40 euros themselfs

Anyways let me clear up a few things:
My parents trust me alot and I am allowed to do alot with my PC its just my father would get mad if I would replug the power thingy in the wall because he has multiple servers for a online game called Trackmania and then he would have to restart all of them (Its about 6 servers)
My father also knows quite alot about computers itself but he is bad at stuff like CPUs, GPUs you know

most powersupplys have a cord that plugs into the power supply itself and the wall, unplug the cable at the power supply end,
remove the case side,
remove the battery
move the jumper per your motherboard manual for a cmos reset, leave it in place for 5 minutes,
replace the jumper onto the normal pins,
reinstall the battery,
reinstall the case side,
plug the power cord back into the power supply,
boot into the bios,
press the 'f5' key to return to default settings,
reboot back into windows.

Back