• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p3 933 with 1.70v needs to get 1.75v howto modify ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tharanis

well first hello this is my first post :)

i got a abit vp6 with dual p3 933 @ 1ghz, my problem is that the processors have different stepping so one has 1.70v and the other 1.75v vcore.

this does not result in problems while the system is running ( its stable like 7 days a week running on linux with no flaws)

but when i reboot i get about every 1 of 10 reboots

'cpu unworkable check bios bla bla'

the speed is reset to 433 mhz and the system wont boot. but id like to have it booting on demand, like remote shutdown or so. so it needs to reboot savely everytime.

i am not sure if it will solve my problem but its worth to try. so i want to have the 1.70v cpu set to 1.75v. and as i do not know what pins i have to wire i ask all you mighty overclockers how to do so without screwing the cpu :)

I'm reasonably sure that you can not only manually set the voltage in the BIOS on a VP6, but you should be able to custom set each CPU's voltage independently with "user define" settings.

Back