• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 2.4 Northwood and mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quint

Registered
I am looking at a P4, 2.4 Northwood, 533, 512k at Newegg. I could not determine which chipset it had. Would like to know that, along with a good mobo for it, and best RAM. Thanks

P4, chipset, and mobo

I didn't exactly phrase my question properly. I was trying to find the compatability of the chipsets, hence mobo's with the 2.4 Northwood P4, and what others had found to be a good mobo for this processor.

Another question. If I get a raid mobo, but do not wish to use the raid function initially, can you run only one HDD on the raid controllers, or do you have to run the HDD on the non-raid IDE slots. I am thinking I may go ahead and get the raid for future expansion.:burn:

I hear ya.
The answer stays pretty much the same though.

I have the Abit IT7 Max2. I love this board. It has every feature under the sun, supports up to 12 IDE devices (you can choose to use raid or not), has good onboard hardware (good sound, good NIC, USB 2.0, firewire), is stable, a great overclocker and you can 'lock' the PCI/AGP busspeed, so your devices run at stock speeds while you overclock the bejeezus out of your cpu/memory

See my sig

sorry to jump in like that but what voltage did you put into your P4 2.4B to make it run at 3,0 ? did you do the wire trick ?Cause ati board always seem to undervolt seriously ...

thx
damn ...too bad my bd7II at +15 % can t get past 1,63 on full load .

jdmcnudgent said:
maybe a asus p4pe mobo and consair pc3500, or abit it7II max, with same mem.;)

I swear by Asus they are always stable and have many user friendly features. 533mhz fsb :drool:

Back