• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800 Volt Mod for Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZN

AznSniper
if u've done it or know how please post it. I'd like to get 2.9v and more out of memory thx.

dont pay attention to the sig testing.

Main rig[color=333333]...............................................................[/color]Backup rig
2.4c @ 3480 MHz SL6WF Malay L309 [color=333333]......................[/color]2.53 @ 3439 MHz SL6S2 Malay L248
Asus P4C800 Deluxe 290 fsb 1.55v SLK900U [color=333333]...........[/color]Asus P4G8X Deluxe 181 fsb 1.575v SLK900U
2x256 MB PC3700 Buffalo @ ddr464 2-2-2-6[color=333333]............[/color]2x256 MB PC3200 Buffalo @ ddr362 2-2-2-6
MSI TI4400, SBA, 80 GB WD 8MB $[color=333333]........................[/color] GF3, SBL, 160 GB Maxtor
ViewSonic VG175 blah blah blah[color=333333]..............................[/color]19in Monitor blah blah blah

Heatware (aznsniper)

"The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all, is the person who argues with him."
Stanislaw Jerszy Lec

Last edited:
Should be relatively simple. Locate the regulator IC. Get the part # off it and look up the pin-outs online. I forget exactly which pin to hook on to, but searching some other volt mods will tell you that. Find that pin on this board's regulator chip and hook up to a pot.

I think its too early for a mod, plus most folks are content running at 5:4 divider so they really don't need the extra Vmem. I want 240+ 1:1 on my 3.0c and going to need 3.1v :(

I thought it might be a hidden feature in the bios to get more than 2.8v Vdimm but I can't find an AMI bios editor that works with it. Anyone Know ??

and what will that do, can u get pics or a link to where this was discussed?

well it really wasn't discussed, macci posted it in response to a thread at xtreme. thats all he posted. The chip is easy to find just where he said it was. its a small 8 pin chip just between the dimm slots and the sb. I tried to find a good place to measure the Vdimm but couldn't find the appropriate voltage on any of the mosfets around the chip. Do you have any suggestions as to where we could take a measurment ??

I assume that decreasing the resistance = increase voltage like most mods.

when u see it done LMK so i can do it too. i dont want to be the first to F.up my board :)

All the details are here !

locate LM358 (between southbridge and DIMM slots), pin6 to GND via 50k VR

lower resistance = higher voltage

Measure voltage from the mosfet near the LM358 chip right next to AGP slot. Find the correct measurement location before you mod it thou (set bios to like 2.85V and find the correct mosfet for 2.85V reading, then install the VR and watch the voltage go up)

A big thanks goes to macci for the mod !

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13402

:D

I can see the LM358 but i dont know which lead to put the VR to and where to connect it. i dont really want to start poking around and short something out so can u get a pic for me and tell me the direction the VR should go thx.

AZN I just got though doing the mod, I set it in bios to 2.55v and then adjusted the pot to 2.85, this gave me up to 3.15v when set to 2.85 in bios.

go to the link to the Xtreme thread I posted earlier and I'll upload a pic for you, I can't here.

Fing sweet man. can u list the tools u used and where u got the stuff thx.

is this where u connect it?

mesurepoint.jpg

Maj Slaughter said:
AZN I just got though doing the mod, I set it in bios to 2.55v and then adjusted the pot to 2.85, this gave me up to 3.15v when set to 2.85 in bios.

go to the link to the Xtreme thread I posted earlier and I'll upload a pic for you, I can't here.
Has the mod helped at all? Can you post some screenies? I should have my smd grabbers on Wednesday so I will try it then.

Back