• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hipster

I was goin' to get the Ai7 but jumped ship on that choice last night, just seems like too many issues. Anyways, This board seems to be the board to get for lest problems/best compatibility?
Or is spending the extra dough on the C a long term better choice? Thoughts please?

i have a P4P800 DLX... and although i DON'T LIKE asus boards that much (well, my CUSL2-C ruled back then hehe), this board is 100% stable... and everything works as it should... don't try messing too much with vcore as it fluctuates a lot, that's the only drawback... and about the P4C... unless you can get the -E version, i would stay away from it... it doesn't offer that much of a performance increase, and in my case i'm running 2xSATA on ICH5R and the P4C comes with the ICH5(non R) version...
anyway, any of these boards is a great board...

I know I'm running the CUSL-2 right now on this box and never had any issues although I never tried to OC. I have the 2.4C mo (and the 2.8C mo if I want it) and building newer/faster for video encoding stuff. I would like the ability to OC-enhance at times if I so choose too though

unless you want to spend money in exchange of almost anitything get the P4P dlx instead of the P4C... my advice ;)

MatiasZ said:
the P4C comes with the ICH5(non R) version...
anyway, any of these boards is a great board...

Need to be careful about you how you word what chipset comes with which P4C version.

The P4C800-E Deluxe comes with the Intel ICH5R chipset while the P4C800 Deluxe only has the ICH5 chipset....

I have the P4P800 Deluxe early version and it is great. But, I did order a refurbished P4C800-E Deluxe from Newegg. I'm moving the P4P800 into my wife's puter with a 3G, and I will put my EE in the P4C800-E Deluxe. I have 15 days to see if it is good or bad as far as defects. If it doesn't have defects, it should soar as well as my current P4P800.

Grandpa Dan said:
Ace,

much respect, read alot of your stuff. Good to see ya spammin at ocforums.;)

GD

Likewise Grandpa Dan! Seen your posts around with words of wisdom...hope you are having a great holiday! Happy New Year!:)

I've had the P4P800 Deluxe for about 6 months now and I think it's a great board. I haven't had any problems with it other than choosing ram. I built a P4P800 (non-deluxe) and I see they're shipping rev 2.0 now. It didn't look different other than the black nb hs (mine's silver). Great boards and tons of support from Asus.

-Bobby

Back