• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC VS. PC -Which is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow will lag on any computer during a big raid Lol. Build looks fine. I'd try to get 2*4gb sticks instead of just 1*8. If you can change the board to the extreme 4 instead of the pro 4. Then you're done.

Here maybe this will help, basically I want a PC that can do this, and run as smooth as I can get it to for my price range :)

or perhaps, even better

Also, side question here, for my SSD, I don't care about how fast my PC boots up or comes out of sleep or anything, so is there anyway I can use the data drive for that stuff so I have more room on SSD? From what I've read about SSD's and MMO's, the only thing I want on the SSD (due to lack of room) is the OS and my game data. Does having the OS on that drive mean thats the drive it will boot from? I would guess so but again my knowledge about PC's is pretty good in some areas but there are huge holes in other areas of my knowledge base lol.

Last edited:
That Intel watercooler is as good as a medium air cooled heatsink. It's not that good. It's like all the other cheapo 120x1 mm AIO setups. And they have a high return rate.

Get the Coolermaster 212 EVO instead.

OP, you're still forgot the case, are you planing to put everything on the table or mount them on a rack?
This 3 case should be good for you
Corsair Carbide Series 500R
NZXT Phantom 410
AZZA Genesis 9000

Get an air cooler IMO. Easier to work with. You can get better performance out of one for less money. If you only want to overclock to 4.4Ghz or so you can get away with a CM Hyper 212

Sorry, I had graduation yesterday, which is why I wasn't on much. Do you need your computer to have wireless capabities?

Also note that I doubt a shop will overclock for you, as it voids your warranty on parts. However, as long as you don't do anything extremely stupid, the likelihood of overclocking-related damage is VERY low.:

I would like wireless yes. And thanks this is looking pretty darn nice! And it looks like that has 2 1TB drives so I could run them together? and is that Graphics card 2 7970s? This is making me want to start drooling… I have some good news as well, my budget just went up about 300$ :)

Last edited:
Whoops...the 2nd HDD in there was left completely by accident. If you want 2TB of space...it'd be cheaper to just go for a single 2TB drive.

The graphics card is just one 7970.

There really isn't anything you can do to improve performance with more money at this point (without the extra HDD you're like at $1450). With an extra $300, you have the $400 spare for a 2nd 7970, but it's just overkill for single monitor and needs a bigger PSU, produces more heat, multiple cards are typically more prone to software issues, etc, so I wouldn't recommend it.

You could spring for a nicer case if you wish, that's more of a personal choice (I don't like paying lots of money for metal boxes :p), as the one in there is definitely on the cheaper side.

I don't know what monitor/keyboard/mouse/sound system you're running, but don't forget that those deserve just as much attention as the computer does. A super rig is sort of useless without good peripherals. ;)

Awesome, thanks again man I really appreciate the time you have put into helping me. Very very much. :) I think I will just stick with this and take the extra money and maybe buy some games. I have a good keyboard and I still have my Razer Naga mouse from a couple years ago. That thing is a beast (the one with 16-17 buttons, can't remember exactly) its been thru hell and still going strong.

Back