• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED PCI Slots Not Alligned with Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EGAJohn

Registered
I've been working on a new build and I came to a problem with my new motherboard (GA-G41M-Combo). I just got done installing everything and when I took a look at the PCI slots they tend to be way off from the card mounts on the case. Any way I can fix this?

I've been working on a new build and I came to a problem with my new motherboard (GA-G41M-Combo). I just got done installing everything and when I took a look at the PCI slots they tend to be way off from the card mounts on the case. Any way I can fix this?

John,

What case, how far off, and can you post a clear photo?

Is is possible you used an incorrect set of standoffs?

The case is a eMachines T3998 that I modified and the new motherboard is the same exact size as the one that was previously installed but here's the picture:

Attachments

• 20130903_174332.jpg
    20130903_174332.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 74
Well the PCI slot is directly between the top 2 mounts so idk what to do.

Well, try sticking the GPU in there to see if the DVI/VGA ports line up with the slots.

Well the PCI graphics card actually fit with a super slight bend ill try PCIe when i get my new graphics card. It made some slight noise when i put it in though but nothing major.

Back