• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCMark05 Rules Change (again...)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

Hi all, HWBot has yet again done a rulechange on us. The backstory is steeped in even worse favoritism than usual, but whatever.

Please examine the example screenshot below:

pcmarkexample.jpg

Everything in red must be present in EVERY screenshot, regardless of whether you have a link to the orb (required for top20 global) or not.
Please note the notepad document! This is "Results.txt", it can be found in the PCMark05 directory after a run. Results without this will, in theory, be rejected.

A number of people are carefully reporting anything without results.txt, so expect yours to get reported and rejected if you aren't a HWBot moderator.

This happened (given the current official truth, anyway) Jan. 1st. Anything prior to that is exempt. Anything after that must have results.txt.
If there is a result ahead of you that was submitted jan 1st or later that lacks it, report it. In theory it'll get taken down.

Have at folks! Just don't forget the bazillion requirements :D

why not just remove 05 for points problem solved!
if not mine as well remove ALL PCmark 05 submits and let ppl do a redo!

Lol a little extreme trekky but I like your style:thup:. I never run pcmark anyways couldn't ever afford the ssd's to compete with the big dawgs.

extreme!? yes... but thats the only way to not get winers complaining about this and that

they need to change the rule to "no more submissions" for this bench. it has been mutilated to the point of useless

I'd kill it, personally. I'm not massman though, thankfully.
I don't want his job.

I know pieter has a rough job, but it doesnt help when you moderate as you see fit. there seems no rhyme or reason to his shenannigans. I think he carries a quarter in his pocket at all times to make decisions- (heads he wins-tails you lose) type quarter.
I have some respect for the job he does, I just feel he has a vendetta against me

Awesome. I saw your latest, you got a lot of points for that character!
I'm happy to see that you've taken it as a challenge and have been beating your previous scores rather than being discouraged.
You're Doing It Right :D

that's the spirit edward!

I agree that the benchmark has gone past the point of useful and should really just be removed. As far as I know there are still tweaks that are hidden from the majority of benchers so only the top-5ish scores are posted by the same people.

Heh, I don't even know what the heck a results.txt is or how to generate it. Thankfully I've always hated this bench and don't plan on trying to run it in the future. Us brute force overclockers (No tweaks? Moar Megahurtz!) don't fare to well with it.

Well, I'm screwed.

I don't think I can even fit that many dialog boxes onto my screen. I'm at my monitor's max of 1280x1024 already and can barely fit all the previous required dialog boxes in the screen shot.

Last edited:
You can cover up most of the PC05 main window and intial score popup, as well as the bits of the RAM tab that don't have numbers.

I sucks though.

Back