• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 4 630 Overclocked to 4.2 Ghz on air cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sentential said:
Try over 1.5v. But keep an eye on the true vcore with each adjustment. I hear the i925s tend to droop by about .75 from BIOS ~ Actual

Can we talk over aim because i'm very new to the overclocking and i really don't want to mess up my chip

:welcome:

Nice overclock. You'll find lots of good info here, this is where I learned to how to OC :)

I'm hoping to get a 6xx series CPU next year and probably a motherboard with the 975 chipset (leaving myself open to upgrade with SLI, maybe a Conroe.) Looking forwards to 4ghz :)

water block here tomorrow

will hopefully install water system tomorrow and then off for the results

thanks for your replies just like to get feedback from others

dan

Know Nuttin said:
nice. Post some pics, and more info on your overclock.

I actually have a 630 running around 280'ish Mhz FSB on air. I think I could do 1mb SuperPi at 290Mhz, but that was it.

I believe my 630 was from china. Never had a china chip before. If anyone is intersted, let me know and i'll post my screenies tomorrow.

Also, what do you guys consider an OC? Post / Windows / 1mb SuperPi / 3dMark / 32mb Super Pi / Prime 95 24hours?

SAD

crotale said:
FPO/Batch on that CPU?

I didn't go to the office today. So screenies willh ave to wait till tomorrow. I'll get the FPo / Batch info too :)

SAD

ok folks.. Sorry for the delay. I have been swampped.

Here is my OC on the 630 on Abit's AW8 mobo.

I typically do not run at 4.2 Ghz, because of the fsB has to be 280. Which forces me to use a mem divider of 3:4, and run my memory at 750's

I run my 630 at 275 w/ a mem divier of 3:5, which gives me DDR917 @ 4-4-4-10. I rather scarifice a few CPU Mhz, for faster ram speed.

Ok.. here is my screen shot. Let me know if you folks have any questions:

aw8_32mbpi_8x6.jpg

This 630 does rock..

Oh.. the FPO / Batch 5504B611 (china)

System specs:

Intel 630 @ 4.2Ghz
Abit AW8 non Max
Geil Ultra DDR2 (2x512) 4-4-4-10 @ 917
Zalman ALCU Cpu Fan.

SAD

Know Nuttin said:
use Super Pi with Anti Cheat. that score is extremely low for 4.2ghz.

I don't think that is the cheat verison I am using, but I may be mistaken. I just know I have a CPUz on my mem stick I use.

Well. let me know how to check if the version I am using is cheat or not, and i'll run it again. Let me know what screenies I need to prove the score is cheat or non-cheap.

If you can give me a link to the version you guys want me to run, I'll run it :)

W/ SuperPi, i'm pulling like 29sec 1mb. Is that too fast?

Alchemy1 said:
Wow, 4.2ghz w/ 1.3 volts. Nice OC!

Actually CPUz is reporting incorect voltage. Take a look at uGuru, I'm actually pushing like 1.47 volts, which is set to 1.5v in BIOS I believe.

SAD

Last edited:
4.2ghz @ 1.47v actual with a 630 is still great. The fact that it is a China chip kind of confirms what we all though...the China chips would get better with time.

Know Nuttin said:
http://superpi.radeonx.com/super_pi_mod-1.4.zip

I wasn't calling you a cheater, I was just saying that we usually ask for the anti-cheat version to be run, to be consistent.

kN,

don't sweat man. I wasn't taking it as an acquisation at all :p i just want to make sure i provide the scores like everyone else.

Thanks for giving me the new link. I'll run that version. Actually I will do 2 32mb run. i am going to run 270Mhz w/ mem at 3-3-3-8 @ 700'ish, and run 280Mhz w/ mem at 4-4-4-10 @ 900'ish. i'm just curiosu which will be faster. I know that SuperPi like tight timing.

I'll chime back in later today.

Alchemy,

yeah.. this China chip is pretty good. This is actually my first China chip. I typically get Malay / Phillipines / Costa Rica.

SAD

hey folks.

ok.. here is my run w/ the Superpi mod 1.4 that was provide by KN.

I did 3 differnet runs, to see what I can get.

Here are the break down;

4.0 Ghz @ 270FSB
mem: 720Mhz @ 3-3-3-8
32 MB SuperPi Time: 27min 12.672s

Screenie:

SAD_4_0ghz_720Mhz3338Ram.jpg

4.1 Ghz @ 274FSB
mem: 912Mhz @ 4-4-4-10
32 mb superpi time: 26min 48.500s

Screenie:

SAD_4_1ghz_912MhzRamjpg.jpg

4.2 Ghz @ 282FSB
mem: 750 @ 4-4-4-8
32 mb superpi Time: 26min 21.922s

Screenie:

SAD_4_2ghz_750MhzRam4448.jpg

Let me konw if you guys want anythign else. This cheap is VERY sweet. The only down fall, is that I really wanted a CPU to hie 300+ FSB. I am trying to get my Memory running at over 1000Mhz if possible. For some reason, the 1:2 dividier is only aviaable if you boot at 533 NB strap. But i can't boot. Not sure if its the cpu or the motherboard.

SAD

well have update for you guys

i have just installed the water cooling system and i am cheking for leaks. tommorrow i will begin stablility test and benchmarking.

thanks

daniel

Back