• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PentiumD930 3.0ghz to???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

georgyyy

hey guys!
first of all i have to say that instead of reading all the instructions about OC i'm still a newbie!
to continue..i know that my system is a little out of date but i want to keep it a little more.i want to OC it so i can play a few new games like dirt2:p the game runs but not in an easy way..i'm running win7 and winxp!
my system is :
cpu1.png

cpu2.png

cpu3.png

cpu4.png

cpu5.png

cpu6.png

+500watt

any recommentings and instructions for OC???the best safe settings with the custom firmware"fans ram and other stuf"???
thank you and i really sorry about my english!

Start bumping the FSB speed up first. Then when it gets unstable, raise the voltage. Watch all your temps though. You'll have to increase the NB voltage eventually too... start with the FSB speed though. See if you can raise the Multi any too. That'll get you up a good bit faster than FSB, but only Extreme edition chips have unlocked multis. Be sure to watch your memory speed and make sure that it doesn't get too high. You may have to lower your memory multiplier depending on the type of RAM you have and then FSB speeds you hit.

#1 thing is, what CPU cooler do you have? If you have a stock one, go buy a Xigmatek HDT-1283 or Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer.
Once you have that, do what CompuTamer said.
Download HWMonitor for temps, it should read the P4 type sensor(s) in your CPU.

That thing should get to 3.5 or 3.6 at least, maybe more with a good cooler. Assuming the motherboard has the power for it, at least. Those are some power hungry CPUs.

Firsty i want to thank you about your time!!! i really appreciate your help!
Second !My results are :
cpu1new.png

cpu2new.png

cpu3new.png

cpu4new.png

the system runs perfect i think...
The only problem i have is RESTART! the computer shuts down perfect and start perfect but if i try to restart after exits windows crashes! a noise from dvd roms/drives appears and pc does nothing! any ideas????

#1 thing is, what CPU cooler do you have? If you have a stock one, go buy a Xigmatek HDT-1283 or Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer.
Once you have that, do what CompuTamer said.
Download HWMonitor for temps, it should read the P4 type sensor(s) in your CPU.

That thing should get to 3.5 or 3.6 at least, maybe more with a good cooler. Assuming the motherboard has the power for it, at least. Those are some power hungry CPUs.

i have the stock coolers but the temperatures after one hour working is +2 points!
now i am converting something with ConvertXtoDvd to test the tempt.the results are
temper.png

diope value at first was 60 to 61 withoute convertx 62-63 with convX64to65
the other temp at the same picture...
i think that its ok!your opinion?

Last edited:
ConvertXtoDVD . a program that converts avi files to dvd files
check it out vso-software.fr

Back