• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

People said it's not possible, but I did it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice looking system .

Never let other peoples misguided perceptions guide your life . Do what you enjoy !

Congratulations! I got into computing very young too. I had my first part-time job as a programmer at 13. I'm 52 now. So I've been told my age is a problem on both sides of the fence. You go get em!

Congratulations! I got into computing very young too. I had my first part-time job as a programmer at 13. I'm 52 now. So I've been told my age is a problem on both sides of the fence. You go get em!

Yeah. i wonder why people of our age (mid 50's) there's always an issue. Companies rather hire young bucks that are just getting their feet wet than a well cultured and expierienced. Never ceases to amaze me why companies do that to us :rain:

Hey Nebulous - one of the things I consider a pet peeve is if I ask for a piece of code to compute how many days between 2 dates are weekdays (M-F), I usually get a loop with an IF. An 8 year old also counts the days like that. More experienced guys should not even have to struggle to do it better. It's so much faster to take 5/7ths of the difference between the 2 dates and do any necessary offset. I don't see colleges and universities teaching thought processes like that. It's really no wonder so much software seems so slow. They sure as shooting are not getting those kind of responses from the young bucks. However, I think it's because Donald Knuth said "premature optimization is the root of all evil" and some took that to mean all optimization is evil.

Kinda surprised this is turning into an old guy thing. I got started with watercooling in the 90's. Some of you may remember DangerDen, who would machine cpu waterblocks out of copper blocks. I used one of those with a repurposed external radiator(from a beer cooler setup) on a Celeron 300, and got a slightly better than double out of it. Gave up watercooling for quite a while, until recently. BTW anryman, hell of a job.

Back