• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phase chang cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zabomb4163

why the heck do people spend so much money on phase change cooling?????

the cooler cost them more than 400$ well over the price diff between the chip they buy and the top of the line. in my mind its a huge waste

its the challenge of the top level oc that attracts these people....not the economics of it....think of ocing more as a hobby than a rebate :)

yeah but some people act like they are getting a good deal overclocking. overclocking 1.7 to 2.2 economical

spending 140$ on a 1.8 and spending 600$ on a phase change to reach speed of 2.8 when 2.8 cost 550

You are partially correct, but most of those peeps with those coolers don't look @ 400mhz OC :) .. I'm for example, used to have my vapochill, got my 2.26 @ 3.2 .. and posted @ 3.3 .. now you tell me if this worth it or not hehehe .. it's an expensive SPORT!!! :D

Some like to go fast & some like to go faster. What is so difficult about understanding that?

yeah i guess its cheaper than car fanatics. they spend 80,000 on a sports car.

compared to a few thousand on a computer. ;)

Hey bro, I see in your siggy that you have a quadro vid card. Post your madonion bench of it...please?

Just take a look at my sig. My system is mediocre.

Most extreme OCers have some scsi 15000 RPM stuff going on, latest vid card (oced to ragged edge of stability), near 4 ghz CPU, fastest of the fast and burning cash like it was growin in the backyard.

runsalone said:
Just take a look at my sig. My system is mediocre.

Most extreme OCers have some scsi 15000 RPM stuff going on, latest vid card (oced to ragged edge of stability), near 4 ghz CPU, fastest of the fast and burning cash like it was growin in the backyard.

Yeah dood! Your rig owns bro! Nice and not too spendy!

Hey, is your mem at default? I have the same exact stick and it does 160fsb at default proly 433mhz at default for that matter. he he

With the Prometeia I gained the folowing:

P4 1,6GHz with air 2.820MHz(max Windows) , 2,7GHz working........On Prometia 3056MHz(couldn't Ram go higher than 254MHz(508MHz DDR) AT 3:4 and working at 3024MHz

P4 2,26GHz with air 3164MHz(max Windows) , 3060GHz working........On Prometia 3400MHz(Ram at 1:1) and working at 3230MHz(Ram 3:4)

P4 2,66GHz ES with air 3384MHz(max Windows) , 3150GHz working........On Prometia 3629MHz(Ram at 3:4) and working at 3571MHz(Ram 3:4 and 250MHz(500MHz DDR)

The 2,8GHz I got now I haven't test it on air yet......

Buying a phase change cooling system is EXTREME and..............I finally suggest WATER COOLING......

Back