• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pine gf2 mx 400 installation problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaxPayne733

Registered
i just got an mx 400 and whenever i put it in my agp slot and switch the computer on the screen doesnt come up and the computer makes a beeping noise. My mother boards manual says that a long beep and 3 short beeps(the sound it makes) means that no graphics card is found or there are bad sectors in the card.
my motherboard is a asus cuv4x.

I have tried putting the card in many times but always the same sequence happens. I have even tried installing the driver before i put it in but still it did not work.

I am guessing that either the card is faulty or i need to change something in the bios becaus in the manual it says that u need to put it on vga mode before u install. Does anyone know where the vga mode option is?>?????.

It wouyld be really great if someone could help caus i have absolutely no experiance with installing new videocards.

Thanxx......please answer soon

dude i have the same card and i had A problem, i have the gf2 mx400 from PINE and what happened is the cd for the card to install the card was junk i guess it would run but nothing whould happen so i had to do is go to the nvidia website and d/l their card drivers. well maybe this will help if you get the card to work

What's your MB?
In my MB the AGP card traces has to be fully inserted into the slot. I mean you can't see them for the card to work.

ummmmmnnn ... the bios??
Its just the bios that i got with my asus motherboard... but i think your right it also sounds to me like its a bad card. Pretty weird prob i guess.. i think ill have to ring the store i got it from tomorrow and ask for a replacement or an upgrade to a leadtek gforce 4 mx440.

If im wrong about it being a bad card please tell me/

thanx for ure info guys

Back