• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Post ur AXP-Mobile OC result :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is better the (AQYHA) or the (IQYHA)?

I have the AQYHA and it came 2487 mhz with this pc:

MSI k7n2 delta L
Coolerbox stock 2600+ barton
512 x 1 Corsair value (2.5-3-3-6)
Generic PSU 400w

The result: 199 x [email protected] vcore with 60C.

I change it into an IQYHA or remain with this?

that what mine is and its a moble sempron and look at my sig and the link at the bottom

you could look at my sig... but I'll tell you anyway.

I had a TIXJB DLT3C and went to this... I did notice a difference... the DLT did 2.5GHz at 1.95v, and this 2600+ IQYHA FQQ4C does over 2.6GHz on 1.85v. This is on an Abit NF7 (NOT S). idle temps are about 40C, load doesn't go over 52C... I use an Alpha PAL8045 with a big Sunon 80x38 84cfm fan... very loud case :) but I don't care.
I hope to do better once I get a wc hooked up, I have a cpu block for it but no, uh, liquid assets for it (sorry, couldn't resist the pun).
so the 2600+ was a good buy, to me. especially since it runs so cool ON AIR!

I though the one with the "A" were not as good as the one s with the "I", this is not entirely true as my a is overclocking better then some chips with the "I" stepping but it is still not as good as the old "I" I had, I regret the day i decided to reach 2.7ghz.

What happened? Was it from the high temps? I'm betting it was, because even with my SP-97 and 92mm Tornado running full blast, I was getting 53°C full load at 2.71 Ghz, and high temps are known to kill the overclocks on mobile processors. It's really odd that it went down that far though.

2500+ Mobile IQYHA 200x12.5 vCore 1.83 (2.5ghz)

This is mine so far, just stress testing, p95 has gone for 8 hours without error. After another night of burn in, i'll go higher.

My friend got his; 2500+ Mobile IQYHA 200x12.5 vCore 1.725, hes still burning in also.

Just a question, should I leave the multiplier at 12.5 now and just start tweaking the FSB?

at 12.5, your not going to get much more fsb out of that. I'd try a 11x and then up the fsb to somewhere around 220-225 and check stability there. If it's stable, up it to 235-240 and then check stability. If it's stable there, go to 11.5x and see if you can keep you cpu stable, although at 240*11.5, you'll need a lot of vcore. 236*11.5 at 1.9V would be realistic I guess if you have a good chip. You might need more vcore though. Before you do any of this though, make sure you have adequate cooling before going over 1.8V. You'll need a nice Thermalright or WC past that mark.

I know it wasn't the temp, I kept it under 50c, I think it just couldn't take that much voltage, I didn't even had a chance to run it at 2.7ghz it didn't boot and after I tried 1.93v and it didn't boot and the mobo started to beep I just turned it off and cleared the bios and when I tried to set it to 2.5ghz again it wasn't stable anymore and after trying to keep it stable at 2.5ghz it lowered again to 2.3ghz.

Abit's are really bad about temp reading though. I've was just reading about a guy who had his 2600+ and Volcano 11 running at 1.875V, and apparently, because of the constant heat and bad temp readings, he lost his overclock.

It could be that, I don't know really and right now I don't care anymore I have another mobile to play with but this one is going to stay at 2.5ghz until I don't need it anymore then I'll risk losing it. Anyway this is the price we pay for oc and pushing the limits.

Back