• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poll: CPU Idle + Load temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZHU

Registered
What is the point of cooling?
To get your temperatures down!
Post your cpu Idle/Load or any other temperatures that you think are useful here!
Gives people a comparison of what good, bad, average tempreatures are like ^^

Idle: 32
Load: 49 o.o

Last edited:
Idle 25 C
Load 42 C

Am I correct that the reason for the large difference between the two is that I probably have a lousy connection between the cpu and the HS, correct ?

*EDIT* My mistaske. For some reason I put my MB temp instead of my idle my idle is more like 31 or 32 C my MB is always 25 C.

Sorry

Last edited:
Ron Brooks said:
Idle 25 C
Load 42 C

Am I correct that the reason for the large difference between the two is that I probably have a lousy connection between the cpu and the HS, correct ?

well, it depends what heatsink your running. if it's a stock retail heatsink then your temp is about normal, if you have a high performance heatsink then that temp might be a little higher then it should be. so, what processor & heatsink do you have?

Ambient: 27C
Idle: 31C
Load: 37C (on die temp)

edited to add ambient temp ;)

Last edited:
Stock: 133MhzFSBx13=1733

Idle: 32C
Load: 35C

Overclocked: 193MhzFSBx11=2123

Case: 30C
Idle: 34C
Load: 38C

Edit: Made some airflow adjustments :)

Last edited:
I have a P4 at 2.4b and the HS is INTEL stock so I guess I'm doing better than I thought. This weekend I will be putting a Vantec Aeroflow on with Actic Silver III, I've read the directions, even printed them out. :) Hopefully I'll be cooler under load.

35-39C load depending on the cleanliness of my bong waterhead (it gets clogged with funk over time and I'm a lazy *******). These are on-die temps.

No idle, I run SETI.

--Illah

@load = Ambient + 19~20 C --> ~35-40 C

H2O = Ambient + 3~4 C --> ~19-23 C

Case = 4~5 C over incoming (from radiator) --> ~23-28 C

Ambient (in basement) varies 15~21 C

Temps are from in-socket thermistor and indoor/outdoor thermometers.

No idle temps F@H 24/7

45c idle
48c load after 1 hour prime 95
sk-7 w/ 7v tornado
on asus A7A266!! temps are probably high. once i get ddr ram so i can use my soyo dragon plus! i'll get real temps.

Back