• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible to buy list-price budget 3050's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RodenHao

I spent like 3 months looking for a pre-order spot because I don't want to spend 600 bucks for a 230-dollar video card. I'm on really old hardware, and I keep thinking I'll eventually be able to upgrade my gaming rig and experience ray tracing. Does anyone know what the odds are that a gamer like me will be able to buy a card, or will they all be scooped up by spiders and bulk-buyers?

I'm wondering if anyone has a handle on this and knows how to read the trends.

Welcome to the forum.

What are you currently running? A 3050 isn't exactly an upgrade for many cards so a good idea of what you have will help us answer.

As far as getting a new card I will say maybe. The ebay prices are starting to drop a little because of the recent drop in coin prices and better supply but I wouldn't expect that to stay long. With eVGA disabling their queue your best bet is trying for the Newegg shuffle that runs daily around 12:00 eastern. You might end up with some combo that may or may not help your overall upgrade plan but at least a card is included.

We're seeing a trend of prices coming down and some coming up for sale... so, you just need to keep an eye out for deals.

I'm on a Radeon RX 580 8g, which is kind of an older card. It would be an upgrade for me: I could try some new features. And I've been eager to buy something new also because my card is not really officially supported by Blender3d, which I use all the time (like 6 hours a day, hobbying though). I often have trouble with things like rendering fire and lava, and I just got the feeling that buying something new would walk me around the problem. I have to say, I'm not a wealthy person, and I can't skip a deal like that.

Back