• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

potential college build/summer project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Raven

Registered
System:
CPU: Core i7 920
Mobo: GA-X58A-UD3R
Case and PSU: Antec Twelve Hundred 750
GPU: 9800 GTX+
Memory: G.SKILL 3x2GB 1600
Main HDD: WD VelociRaptor 300GB
Storage HDD: 500GB (already own)
Optical Drive: DVD Burner with LightScribe (already own)

Cooling:
Rad: MCR320-QP
Rad fans: Yate Loon 120mm D12SH12 High Speed x3 or x6
Pump: MCP655-B
Res: MCRES Micro Rev 2
CPU block: Swiftech Apogee XT
Chipset/MOSFET block: EK-FB KIT GA X58
Tubing: PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Blue and Green
Fittings: ???
Clamps: Metal worm clamps (I think they're called?) from hardware store

Extras:
Protection: AVG Antivirus+Antispyware 9.0 2Year
Case Fans: Yate Loon 120mm D12SH-124B High Speed x3 and Cooler Master 120mm Green LED x2
Lights: Logisys 12" Dual UV Cold Cathode Kit, Logisys 8" Dual Blue Cold Cathode Kit, and Logisys 8" Dual Green Cold Cathode Kit
Wire Sleeving: OKGEAR OK430UB UV blue cable sleeving kit and green

There isn't really a set budget as of yet and this build is by no means set in stone. I don't plan to water-cool the GPU because I don't play graphics intensive games. This computer is going to be doing my compiling and possibly video rendering/compression. I'm not sure if the PSU is enough with all the additions. As you can probably tell the color theme is blue/green. I plan to build an external tower for the radiator, and possibly build a completely custom case if I get the initiative. I think that's all I have to say about it so if anyone has any comments, suggestions, questions, etc they'd be greatly appreciated.

The fittings are the barbs that actually go into the radiator resivoir and cooling blocks. Andif you live near a micro center you can pick up a 930 for$199 until may

I knew there was something I forgot to ask. I know what fittings are but I wasn't sure if I need to swap out any of the stock barbs or not, any suggestions?

I don't think the radiatior has fittings, but as long as the fittings are the same size I would guess no, but I advise you to ask that question in the water cooling section.

The fittings are the barbs that actually go into the radiator resivoir and cooling blocks. Andif you live near a micro center you can pick up a 930 for$199 until may

By the way, thanks for the tip about the 930's on sale.

Back