• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Friend's New Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Byakko

A friend of mine got his computer delivered yesterday built in a local computer shop. Here's the problem: He gets an error that says Error to start operating system... He can't install windows because even after he installed the files and partitioned his HD's, it restarts and he gets the same error. So he gets that error to start operating system even if he doesn't have windows installed, and still after he tries to install it. He's not very familiar with computers and I can't say I know a lot, but i want to try to fix it for him. Not sure if this was in this section but anyways.. Here are his specs.

AMD 64 3200+
2x Kingston 512 PC3200
Abit AN8 SLI
1x Maxtor 80gb He's on SATA , not very familiar with that.
1x Western Digital 60gb
Thermaltake 480w PSU
Ati Radeon x1600 Pro 256mb
HP dvd rom
LG dvd burner

I'll appreciate any responses.

check your windows boot prioroty select remouvabale hdd
if still could not load windows just make sata driver diskette disk and insert it in the windows setup when it say press f ? to install scsi raid driver

Since it's just been built professionally, perhaps your friend should return it to the shop?

Failing this I would:

disconnect the secondary drive
boot the machine and hit DEL during startup to enter the BIOS
select the the 'load fail-safe defaults' and exit saving the changes
whilst installing windows, completely reformat the harddrive
then continue to install normally

good luck

Back