• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems again with K7D Master L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Perhaps the program you are using doesn't support 8X burning very well. Have you looked for software updates to it?

What program is it?

Is your burner a +/- combo burner? Can you burn at 8X on -R media?

There is no 8X - media yet. Every software I use has same problem. In fact when it goes to the burn it starts the lead in then it does nothing and the only way I can even do anything is to turn off the power switch on my computer. I cant even go into the start menu to turn off. There must be something we can trace this too. When the disc is supposed to be burned does it just go directly from the hard drive to the burner or does it go through memory first. There has to be some bottleneck that is causing this. This is just getting me into a nervous wreck. I even tried burning at the slowest speed 2.4 and wouldnt work. It is a +- dual recorder. Using the recomended media to burn with. They told me to contact msi and see what the problem is. Well you know what that means. I will never find out the problem.

VCORE=1.59
+5=4.9
+3.3=3.39
+12=12.3
-12=-13
+2.5=2.54
-5=-5.35

Do any of these make a difference

No offense, but I am inclined to blame the burner or the burning software, before I blame the motherboard.

Do you have another computer you could slap this burner in and see if it works, there? That would be a start. If it doesn't work, there, then we know it isn't a motherboard issue. If it does, then we know the burner isn't to blame.

For what it's worth, I have a Lite-On 4X DVD+RW burner on my main K7D system and it has worked like a dream from day one. I've never had a bad disc, except one that was rated for 2.4X and I accidentally burned it at 4X.

Ok. I have a 106 comming on monday and will find out more if it is the drive or not. I did hook it up to my other computer and same problem, so I think it is the drive. Newegg has a 30 day policy so thank god I can return it.

Thank goodness for Newegg. You know, the more I purchase from them, the more I like them. You just can't replace good customer service and they DO have good customer service. They are one of the FEW Internet Resellers that I can say that about.

By the way, if they ever want to charge you a re-stock fee, just tell them "I don't want to pay the restock fee. It isn't my fault, it isn't my problem, and I don't want to pay it." I have been refunded the restock fee every time I have requested it. Of couse, I spend thousands of dollars with them every year, too, so they better treat me right;)

They better not make me pay a restocking fee. Heck I cant get the drive to work on either PC. As far as I am concerned newegg can complain to plextor.

Yeah this is where newegg really shines. The great prices are almost a bonus when you consider how painless they make dealing with RMAs

Like I said, if they try to hit you with a restock fee, just complain and demand that they refund you the entire cost (minus shipping, of course.)

Back