• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Large Wooden Tower - Finished

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is awesome and I want one, the only request I would have is that the their be a hole cut out behind the motherboard tray to be able to mount coolers while the motherboard is installed.

Amazing work!
Thanks! Access to the motherboard tray from the back only requires unscrewing two screws to remove the "false back."

Unbelievable craftsmanship. Looks amazing, and great posting of the pics!

Do you know what the specs are for the machine going inside this thing?

That's incredible! You have a nice workplace. That thing is really awesome. I can hardly believe how perfect everything is. A lot bigger and more complicated than mine.

P.S. Sweet SketchUp model

that is beautiful workmanship! I have been rattling ideas about in my head for a wood case of my own and I like the shakeresque look you did. Wish I had those tools!

Man, you're wooden cases are so nice! Better than anything mass produced.

Do you make your own motherboard tray / I/O panel or just use a mountain mods one?

Thanks for all of the comments guys!

Do you make your own motherboard tray / I/O panel or just use a mountain mods one?

The IO panel needs to be carefully made to the ATX specification, so its easier (although somewhat expensive) to just purchase the motherboard tray and IO panel from either MountainMods.com or performance-pcs.com.

I figured the SR-2 build wasn't your first go around. Very nice tower you have here!

Wow! AT best i can make some holes; u people on these forums are insanely skilled. mad props. Hopefully u don't get any funny acoustics from it. Have you fired it up? I see some1 paid attention in shop class!

Back