• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Psod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

*Negative*

Registered
I have a Gainward Ti4200 that is having Pink Screen of Death Problems. I have a crystal orb i want to use on it but I don't know how to attatch it b/c the mounting holes don't line up. I don't want to use anything permenant, and I don't feel like waiting for something to ship, so something that can be found anywhere, if someone has any ideas thks!

arctic silver + zipties? (that wouldn't work well, GHETTO)

how about super glue on the corners of the GPU and AS3
on the rest?

non perminant, thats hard, if the holes are closer together, you may be able to drill more holes in the clip, if not then use frag tape, it dosn't work as well thermal paste but it is still ok for most purposes

If you don't want to use ASIII expoy use ASII thermal paste, with the tiniest spot of superglue on the corners ( I did my Radeon GPU. Holds the heatsunk on fine:))

I would suggest a more radical alternative though. Get an old PII/III heatsink, and cut it to fit, attach with ASIII and a suitable fan. I'd steer clear of Blorbs tho', unless you're going to lap it first.....

Back