• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push-pull radiator fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i also have a BIX3 with three sanyo denki's on it. All you need to do is strap some powerful fans to your rad, then run them through a fan controller... mine is almost silent when i'm surfing and when i game i turn the fans up... and the volume too.

OK, I had another crazy idea. I realized that there's a real possibility I just won't be able to fit a BIX3 in my case. How about three fans with two 120mm radiators? The second radiator would get warmer air, though, would that cancel the benefits of such a setup?

if you're going to run more than one radiator, it's best to run them in parallel. This way, you have the biggest difference in temps on both rads.

overclucker said:
umm.. cooling the puter :beer:

if you had one fan blowing in on the radiator from oneside then another fan blowing in on the radiator from the otherside wouldnt there be a pressure problem with the airflow from both the fans running into each other and not passing through the radiator?

same with pull/pull if you had a fan on oneside pulling air from the radiator and a fan on the otherside of the radiator trying to pull air from the radiator youd have a problem finding any air for either of the fans to move.

When both of the fans are on high I get a 3-4 C reduction with this setup.

fan_mounted1.jpg

paint_heatercore2.jpg

PCProbe_2-120mm_high.jpg

Back