• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 Overclock Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Diaz, so you're running under-volted ? If so, mind post your result on uvoc thread please ?

New result:

1.51v core, 3.6 Ghz, stable OC
Idle: 33C, Load: 62C

Ran the Orthos for over an hour or so.

One question though, do you guys know why I scored the same in 3dmark06? Before 3.6, with 3.2, I scored 13556, with 3.6, I unfortunately scored the same. How is that possible? Is there like a limit?

Then I went to nVidia control panel and changed the 3D settings to "let the application decide", which gave me around 13854 points.

That's really weird, because going from 3.0 to 3.2, I got about 800 points. From 3.2 to 3.6, I was expecting around 14500.

New result:

1.51v core, 3.6 Ghz, stable OC
Idle: 33C, Load: 62C

Ran the Orthos for over an hour or so.

One question though, do you guys know why I scored the same in 3dmark06? Before 3.6, with 3.2, I scored 13556, with 3.6, I unfortunately scored the same. How is that possible? Is there like a limit?

Then I went to nVidia control panel and changed the 3D settings to "let the application decide", which gave me around 13854 points.

That's really weird, because going from 3.0 to 3.2, I got about 800 points. From 3.2 to 3.6, I was expecting around 14500.

My 3DMark06 did not go up that much from 3.2 to 3.6, I think 300 - 400 points or something, OC your GPU and you'll see a noticeable improvement

ThePredator:

Could you run everest, speedfan, or a program that gives you the "CPU TEMP" and let me know what you get for Idle? (dont want the core readings for speedfan as they are 15C off).

Thanks

-D

ThePredator:

Could you run everest, speedfan, or a program that gives you the "CPU TEMP" and let me know what you get for Idle? (dont want the core readings for speedfan as they are 15C off).

Thanks

-D

Coretemp is the most "accurate" from my experience, I also use PC Wizard and the temps are 100 % aligned, speedfan is normally about 15 C lower.

Speedfan is weird, it's not showing any of my fans, it's showing -91C or 92C for the CPU temperature, and core temps are 15C off. I never liked that program to be honest.

Back