• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about running 2 hard drives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newguy123

Hello

I have 2 hard drives running great. 1 is ata 100 the other is ata 66. Now my question is when i am doing stuff online or not using anything i can hear something in my computer shut off meaning it goes into sleep mode. But everything on the computer is still working fine. But when i go to my old hard drive that i put in it lags on opening when i double click it and also i hear something waking up again from sleep mod or something. When i click the old hard drive it takes about a few seconds longer to open. How can i make this stop?

Thanks

Shep

Open control panel go to power and set turn HD off after x min to never if you have already done this I have no idea.

ExtremeOC

go into your power managemnt in your BIOS. dont disamble APM or ACPI, but disable sleep mode, doze, HDD power down, ETC. that should work.