• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions before I buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DKC

I'm looking to purchase the Abit KR7A-133-Raid (KT266A).

Few things I want to know first

1) Does the thermosistor usually have problems or is it reliable

2) Can I overclock with many options (ie. min/max vcore, min/max FSB etc. )

3) Is this a good board in general

4) Do I have to use the raid??

Please any help ould be great, and if u can, for 2) please give values. Thanks a lot you all rule

1) I am not sure about this because i dont have a compunurse to check real temps on my XP

2) the max vcore is like 1.85 and min is something like 1.5 something FSB goes up to 250 on my board

3) In general this board hasnt given me any probs

4) you do not have to use the RAID but, everytime you boot it spends 6 seconds checking if anything is plugged into the RAID IDE slots

what are the mem problems ive been reading about

DKC said:
I'm looking to purchase the Abit KR7A-133-Raid (KT266A).

Few things I want to know first

1) Does the thermosistor usually have problems or is it reliable

2) Can I overclock with many options (ie. min/max vcore, min/max FSB etc. )

3) Is this a good board in general

4) Do I have to use the raid??

Please any help ould be great, and if u can, for 2) please give values. Thanks a lot you all rule
I don't have the raid version but everything is pretty much the same other than that.
I haven't had any problems wth the thermistor it seems to be fairly accurate.
The min. vcore on my board shows 1.1 and max. 1.85. the lowest fsb is 100 and the top is 250. the mem tops at 2.85v.
I haven't had any complaints with this board so far. It took to 154fsb,1.92vcore, with my xp1900 without a problem after the volt mod and before a water leak!Since the water leak I haven't been able to get past 152 stable.

1) my thermosistor is really accurate i even took a temp with a temperature probe and they were almost exactly alike

2)Its one of the best overclocking boards out there.

3) Yes the only complaint i have is their technical support isnt that great cause they are all chinese

4) no theres 2 connectors for the raid and 2 for the regular connectors you can use the raid connectors for hard drives without using the raid, also. but you cant connect cd-roms to the raid part just the regular ide connectors

Back