• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick and easy i3 540 overclock...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi guys. I'm newcomer in this forum and i rly need some help cause i am rly noob on OC :)
I use and i3 540 on P55M-GD45. My current ami bios version is 1.1 old. The newest is v1.5 But the update process is kinda confusing me since i have to run win Me or 98 OR try to flush it so i just don't bother.
But the thing is i tried to OC and the results are kinda like this : Bus speed 162 with 23x CPU clk Ratio, QPI Ratio @ 22x and Vcore : +0.123 (Default Vcore is 1.025) and all other untouchable on auto !
So, when i try to get over 162 bus speed and changes only on Vcore my OC fails.
Can u tell me what else should i change to get higher ? Do i rly have to update bios ?
Currently i am at 3.75GHz and rly wanna go at 4GHz at least.
So i get something like this

Last edited:
Hey Ippo, :welcome: to OCForums :)

Check out my OCing guide (link in my sig)...it should help you get started. Feel free to start a new thread if you run into problems or need specific help :)

Hey Ippo, :welcome: to OCForums :)

Check out my OCing guide (link in my sig)...it should help you get started. Feel free to start a new thread if you run into problems or need specific help :)
ok thanks man. Will start a new thread with same topic ! :)

Hi guys. I'm newcomer in this forum and i rly need some help cause i am rly noob on OC :)
I use and i3 540 on P55M-GD45. My current ami bios version is 1.1 old. The newest is v1.5 But the update process is kinda confusing me since i have to run win Me or 98 OR try to flush it so i just don't bother.

LOL Yeah you definitely don't want to flush your BIOS which can happen when you flash it and screw up.

Keep reading and learning! I was a newbie once too.-)

Last edited:
Good to check dates before resurrecting a dead thread....but not a huge deal....welcome to OCForums :)

Back