• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9 270 crossfire overclocking problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reww86

Hello, this is my first time creating and posting a thread here thanks in advance for any help. Now let me talk about my issue. I have two R9 270s crossfired on a GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard. When I overclock my cards (They are non X

versions) I see notable gains. My cards are 945 core, and 1400 memory stock. I clock them to 1015 core, and 1425 memory. I get a huge gain in fps, and scores while benchmarking (for awhile). Then for no reason, while still overclocked the

performance drops down to almost stock. My scores and fps will drop for no reason, so I reset my computer, run furmark, and good scores again. Stock I get about 66 fps while running the 1080p furmark benchmark. Overclocked I get 80, and

when the performance drops I get 72. It will run great for hours, then it will act as if it isn't overclocked anymore, just receiving the +20 power limit maybe. A reset fixes it every time. I just don't know if it is my drivers, cards, a crossfire issue or

what. Thank you!

What are your temperatures getting up to when the performance drops?

My temps are always good. After a reset I'll benchmark it will run awesome. I'll play games for a bit, get bored do a benchmark and it will not run like it is overlooked. But my temps are always good.

Back