• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 5700 Temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Klemen86

Hello everybody,

I have XFX 5700 (non-XT) flashed with 5700XT bios.
I have been running this card for a while with the following settings: GPU - 2005 Mhz (actual around 1960 in games), VRam - 1780 Mhz, Core Voltage - 1.12V and Power limit - 50%. The temps I was getting with stock cooler were 90C GPU Tjunction, 82C Vram and around 76C VRM.

I recently put together custom watercooling loop with waterblock covering only GPU. Additionally, I am using backplate from Accelero Extreme 4 and some improvised RAM and VRM aluminium heatsinks on front of the card. I increased the GPU clock to 2100 Mhz and Core Voltage to 1.17V. The temps I am getting now are the following (measured in Superposistion Game - the card drawing constantly 195-210W): 78C GPU Tjunction, 96C VRam and 91C VRM. I had a plan to install VRM waterblock on GPU also, but as it would have required some modding to fit it correctly I discarded the idea (wish I had not).
Anyways the card is stable at this speeds (temperatures), but I find Vram and VRM temperatures a bit too high. My question is: should I worry about those temperatures or are they OK? If I go back to 2005 - 1.12V, the temperatures on core, RAM and VRM fall for around 10-15C.

I would work to get those temperatures down, run the 2005 clock. 100 MHz isn't much in the way of performance anyway. :)

Typical 5700/5700xt users say the sweetspot (power draw/horsepower) is around 1v for ~1900mhz, my own “silent 40% fan” 24/7 uses 1.02v for 2000mhz (1950mhz effective) and 1900mhz mem. You sure you can't get stable with lower volts ? Could the BIOS be affecting results somehow ?

No, lower voltage at 2000 Mhz results in crashes.

Unfortunetelly, after half an hour of gaming ram starts throttling now. So I decided to buy Bykski full cover waterblock. It might need a few weeks (I hope not months) to arrive from China. I report results once the new block is installed.

OK, so I received the full cover block. I settled for 1.15v and 2050 Mhz. It is a nice 300 Mhz overclock over my 5700 (non-XT) stock speed.
My temperatures are now around 55C Core (around 75C Tjunction), 65C RAM and around 70C VRM.

Back