• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator advice - please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jerzypuc

Hi,
Can anybody give me some advice about radiator. I have vp6 + 2* 750 which I would like to run at 997. I have two DD boxes for cpu's and only missing part is radiator. Any information will be appreciated.

jerzypuc

donnie

Go to your auto parts store and get a transmission cooler that is what I have they work very well.

Ridenow

Sneaky Moderator
If you hav the DD block then you should get a radiator with copper tubes. Do not mix copper and aluminum, they corrode each other. I have a Flex-a-lite tranny cooler that I bought from Autozone, but I am concerned about the chrome fittings on it.

bdf24

From what I have read, putting a some antifreeze or water wetter into the water will stop the aluminum and copper from corroding each other.

I got my radiator from http://www.leufkentechnologies.com/page5.html

It's 12"X5"X34". It cost me about $37.00 with S&H. It's able to cool my PIII with an 85w tec. Keeps the temps around 1c at idle and 7c at full load. And this is only with a 92mm fan on the radiator. Would most likely get much better results with a 120mm fan on it. There is even room for 2 120mm fans if you think you'll need it. It's all aluminum though. So I guess if you wanted copper tubing this is not the rad. for you.

Ridenow

Sneaky Moderator
Some additives make the water more conductive and could increase the corrosion. Hoot explains it better than I do, but what the deal is that copper and aluminum release ions into the water. These ions create an electric circuit, like a battery. This circuit causes corrosion. If you have all the same metal then you have the same ions and they do not affect each other.