• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rate my pc. What should you change or upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

distrot

Registered
Amd fx 4100
Gigabyte 970a-d3
2x 4bg corsair blue vengeance
Asus r9 270x 2bg top cu2
Corsair a50 cpu cooler
Thermaltake shark with 4 added extra fans
Evga supernova nex 750 psu

So as title says

What are you doing with your PC?

If gaming@1080p, I'd suggest either an OC in the 4.3/4.5GHz range or an upgrade to a FX6300/FX6350.

Lately after my ps3 died i use my pc for gaming through my lg hd 42 tv. I am a high quality graphics enthusiast though. What would benefit me change it?

I have already this system. Lasy week a upgrade the gpu and psu and added a stick of ram. I can afford let's say a 200 euro upgrade again

If you're gaming @ 1080p and like turning up graphical settings, I'd sell the 270x and get, at minimum, a 280x.

You're going to be a bit CPU-limited at that point, but I would still upgrade the GPU first. Depending on how much you get for the 270x, you may be able to also grab an fx6300 or fx8320, otherwise, just save for a month and do that upgrade next.

That 270X is going to struggle a little to push ultra at 1080p/60fps, especially in the next wave of games.

Is there any way you could get your money back for it to have a larger budget for a GPU?

What games are you playing? Are they running slow?

I would think you could play most things fairly well at medium level graphics or high at 1280x720. A decent OC should give you some extra performance.

Definitely would have been better to come here before you started buying upgrades.

He said he's playing on his tv, so I assumed 1080p. I don't think the 270x is going to cut it :(

Mmmm.280 i think is a bit expensive.the r9 270x cost me around 190euros.The game i play the most and i like the most is 3d person action games.Watch dogs,assasin's creed....So if i add another 270x and crossfire them ??No benefit.I have future plans for a 8core amd fx but in the near future.

Back