• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rate my pc. What should you change or upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mmmm.280 i think is a bit expensive.the r9 270x cost me around 190euros.The game i play the most and i like the most is 3d person action games.Watch dogs,assasin's creed....So if i add another 270x and crossfire them ??No benefit.I have future plans for a 8core amd fx but in the near future.

You'd be better off saving cash and not getting the 8-core. Get a 6-core instead (much cheaper) and put the extra money toward the 280X or better GPU.

You'll be way better having a 280X than Crossfire 270X's.

I don't think i can return the gpu now. Why not a 8 core? Not all cores used by nowdays games? Is there a really big difference between 270x and 280x except the 1gb extra memory at the 280?

Last edited:
I don't think i can return the gpu now. Why not a 8 core? Not all cores used by nowdays games? Is there a really big difference between 270x and 280x except the 1gb extra memory at the 280?

I would find out for sure if you can/can't return the GPU.

The 6-core chips are easier to overclock, cheaper, and put out less heat.
There are a slim few number of games that use 8 cores, but I can say with certainty that your 4100 is going to struggle with a high-end GPU.

You're looking at about a 20-25% jump in performance between those two in addition to the extra vram.

Back