• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended PSU's - True/Tested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BTW Bob, I added a mention for you on the OP. You definitely earned it, cheers!

Top dog is hard to pick. Unlimited budget? Cheap but good unit? Watts? I'll have to think about it really.

I don't want middle of the pack, how about this; it would have to be performance prioritized, then if there is a tie, price would determine the winner.

There must be 2-3 units you worked on that made you smile.. Pick one :D

Looking at Bob's list i would probably choose the Dark Power Pro 10 1200W, Enermax Platmax 600W Diaz!! They seem to be the ones with the highest praises. AJ. :shrug:

P.S. Many Thanks for your hard work and dedication in helping the Members to choose the right PSU's. :salute:

The Dark Power Pro 10 and the HALE90V2 both come to mind. The performance of the Platimax 1350 is off the hook, the fan's a bit noisy but whatever.

Ok so the Dark Power Pro 10 got Overclocker's TOP DOG Award!

Winnar! :D

I'm rockin the Seasonic Platinum 1000W and love the **** out of it. Granted I'm not using any where close to its potential, but that might change soon enough.

Some people said that corsair is noisy(under load). HX850 for example. What so u think about it? ATX CoolerMaster Silent PRO M2 is good? i want silent PSU, and cant choose between this PSUs

Generation makes a difference, corsair had gone through two or three generations of the hx line, they're all different.

What's I've found psu noise wise is that it's often the GPU's fault, and some psus are better at surviving a noise inducing GPU than others.

Edit: not sure if this was the right place for my question, but thanks for the info on reputable power supplies.

Last edited:
Since the Corsair TX750M was tested, is it safe to asume that the TX850M is still recommended?

As these power supplys historically are out of production or upgraded, Diaz puts them into his historical database here (bottom of his list):

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589708

The TX850M isn't specifically listed here and I can't remember the differences. Bobnova or one of our other guys will be along to explain the specifics in detail.

I have actually removed the historical database, I can't remember off the top but I know that 2007 is as far as my list goes back. The bulk of the list is 2010 to now.

If the 750m only is displayed, it is because that specific one was reviewed and passed the criterias. Look at reviews of the 850m, and if they use identical parts and QC, then I think its fine.

Back