• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Red Dead Redemption2 cming to PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If only 4k 240hz panels existed and you could use more than 2 2080ti's in SLI... :p

We can dream!

The game is prettttttttty.

Hardware Unboxed made a couple videos on optimization and show up to 65% performance gains... if you can get the game to start :rofl:

- p1 40%

- p2 65%

Have they worked out the kinks on this game yet? I heard it was good but people having issues with it running smoothly. assuming they can even get the game to load.

As far as I know the biggest problem was the Rockstar launcher not allowing the game to start, rest is the usual optimisation issues that patches should smooth over in the next few months.

I really have a PROBLEM with these types of games: I can't stand making a mistake. And the sort of "random encounters" really screw with my inner Pisces. Like I have never even made it past the FIRST LEVEL of Heavy Rain. Don't want to make a mistake. So when you wind up having to randomly rescue a woman from being murdered by her jealous husband... and you screw up because you can't even FIND the woman at first and by the time you get to her she's already dead... I typically will NEVER finish that game.

GTA is different, of course. As long as you follow the story... you can't POSSIBLY screw up. Random things in GTA don't even matter...

I really have a PROBLEM with these types of games: I can't stand making a mistake. And the sort of "random encounters" really screw with my inner Pisces. Like I have never even made it past the FIRST LEVEL of Heavy Rain. Don't want to make a mistake. So when you wind up having to randomly rescue a woman from being murdered by her jealous husband... and you screw up because you can't even FIND the woman at first and by the time you get to her she's already dead... I typically will NEVER finish that game.

GTA is different, of course. As long as you follow the story... you can't POSSIBLY screw up. Random things in GTA don't even matter...

If "not wanting to screw up" goes against being a pisces, then I actually managed to screw up being a pisces...

As for the problems with the game - it's already on my Steam wishlist, but like everything else on my Steam wishlist it'll sit there for two years till it drops below $10 on sale, then another 6 months before I even launch it, so anything should be hammered out by then.

(And where's the Android port?!?!)

Update: Well, last desperate act of 2019...

zzXm8St.png

Update #2: Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. After spending most of the morning downloading it and installing the Rockstar launcher, RDR2 came right up. Ran the benchmark a few times before realizing Precision X1 wasn't loading the OC on the 2080, averaging ~65fps at the default (1440p, mostly Ultra settings, some high, no MSAA). ~52ish after bumping the AA up slightly. So far it seems to be pretty well optimized, as even though the results said it bottomed out in the low 20s, no real discernable frame dips, certainly playable in both cases (but GSync may be helping).

Last edited:
Back