• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing my Tornado for something Quiet! Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atari

Hey all!

I replaced my amd system with an Intel setup about 6months ago. I'm into 3D animation and want to bring back my AMD setup to render on. I had a Vantec Tornado fan on it but, as you all know it was wayyyy too loud. So I need something quieter (I wont OC as much as I did before with the tornado on it).
Can anyone recommend a fan that wont drive you insane with noise? Maybe one with a fan controller on it? I dont think I can salvage my tornado fan and put a controller on it as I dont think that will reduce the noise as much. This will be cooling a 2100+ (had it @ 2350mhz w/tornado). The heatsink I have is an older SLK-800. Any suggestions on what fan to buy to cool this thing off at moderate OC would be great!

Thanks!

how about 7v modding your tornado. or, if tou have about 1/2 hrs build a shroud to fit a nice 120mm fan on your slk-800

I would go for a thermaltake smartfan II or one of their new and fancy blue led fans . Both come with a fan controller so you can adjust the speed/noise to your own liking

Back