• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Retailers accepting cryptocurrency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I figured I would add this to the list. I ordered a laser from Grix, who is a user over at Bitcointalk.org. His site is www.bitlasers.com and the process is easy. He ships from Norway, but my package arrived in 9 business days so I can't complain.

I got this bad little piece of technology:

IMAG0152_zpsupy4vgkn.jpg

IMAG0151_zpsh2zcqyt6.jpg

It's a 140mW (+/- 10) 450nm Single-mode blue laser. :snipe:

Hmmm. they have a nifty 50 mW Green laser for $53 shipped to my house...
Wonder if I can start fires with it.

Also, why is it cheaper to ship from Norway than US to Canada? :confused: :shock:

Hmmm. they have a nifty 50 mW Green laser for $53 shipped to my house...
Wonder if I can start fires with it.

Also, why is it cheaper to ship from Norway than US to Canada? :confused: :shock:

Import duties and HST rate vary by product, cost of shipping, country of manufacture and shipping origin... or did you want a witty quip?

Import duties and HST rate vary by product, cost of shipping, country of manufacture and shipping origin... or did you want a witty quip?

Witty works here! :D
It ridiculous. It would cost FreakDiablo $30 just to ship 2 fans to my house.

Yet shipping on the laser was only $15 yet it has to travel overseas... :shrug:

Just wanted to throw my .02 here about the egifter gift cards. Good service a reasonable exchange rate, usually highest market price for btc. plus you get points on your purchases to buy other gift cards or use them to discount the price. They give you 200 points just for creating an account. I have bought dozens of them and the time it takes for the transactions to have gift cards to print is usually less than 20 minutes. Just wanted to throw that out there if anyone was leary of them from some crappy online right reviews.

Just wanted to throw my .02 here about the egifter gift cards. Good service a reasonable exchange rate, usually highest market price for btc. plus you get points on your purchases to buy other gift cards or use them to discount the price. They give you 200 points just for creating an account. I have bought dozens of them and the time it takes for the transactions to have gift cards to print is usually less than 20 minutes. Just wanted to throw that out there if anyone was leary of them from some crappy online right reviews.

That's actually pretty cool! :thup:

Humble Bundle now accepts bitcoin payments!

Just bought nidhogg for BTC :)

edit: apparently I'm months behind, but cool nonetheless :D

Last edited:
Nothing new in terms of new retailers, but wtcr.ca now accepts, Litecoin and Peercoin :thup:

Nifty. I have no interest in broadcast TV anymore, but its a step in the right direction. The more big companies that accept BTC the better IMO.

Back